“Good Location”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is your typical Fairfield Inn. The room is starting to show some minor wear but had all of the usual amenities making it a good choice for a few nights stay, while here on business. Even though it is on a fairly busy road, it was always very quiet.
I found the bed to be very comfortable; multiple pillow options were a nice addition too. My room had a half-size fridge and microwave combo which can come in handy for a longer stay. From what I know, not every room has a fridge but a quick request is all it takes to get one. Flat screen is a good size, and channel options were sufficient
The staff set this hotel apart from other Marriott’s I have stayed at (Including many Courtyards and Residence Inns). They are very friendly and will attempt to accommodate any request you have. I requested a specific room location, and it was granted no problem. Afternoon manager was very knowledgeable about the area, and suggested some good restaurants to try. The front desk has some coupons for guests as well, just ask. Staff greets you every time you come or go, very polite.
The complimentary breakfast was more extensive than I figured it was going to be. There was 2 hot items (eggs and sausage) Danish/bagels, oatmeal (warm), yogurts, fruits, cereals, etc. And the morning cook/employee is over the top friendly. Coffee and cookies are available 24/7. Small shop in the lobby has reasonably priced drinks and snacks.
Fitness center is very limited, with 3 cardio machines; the pool was closed for the season, but looked nice. I didn’t have need to use the business center.
Housekeeping did a great job every day. Room was always spotless when I returned for the night. I left many electronics out, on the desk, and nothing was touched.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback about our Fairfield Inn!

We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we offer and become acquainted with our hotel and local area. Fairfield Inns have recently updated their complimentary continental breakfast to include hot scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the variety of breakfast options that were previously offered and are delighted to hear that our guests are able to enjoy this update!

It is great to hear that our staff was able to provide a welcoming and enjoyable visit for you. We strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and service and do our very best to accomodate our guests' needs to make sure they feel at home while traveling. I hope that if you are in the area again you chose us!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here on a recent Saturday Night to attend a Patriots game the next day. Hotel is about a half hour from Gillette Stadium. Generally clean but has dated furniture and needs some updates. Our room had a small college style refrigerator on the floor with a microwave on top of it, which we found a little odd. Room was comfortable but tub leaked. The breakfast room is average and selection adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. A few restaurants are located a few miles down the road. We usually try to stay a little closer to Foxboro but there was not much availability on the weekend we were visiting. I am finding that Fairfield Inn, in general, are losing some of their luster while their prices are rising.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you were provided with friendly and accomonodating service by our staff as well as a clean and fresh guest room.

We have recently undergone some renovations and hope that these, as well as future changes, will help update the feel of our rooms. The space saving refrigerator unit is provided to our guests to help bring the accomodations of home while they are traveling, especially helpful to our guests who are able to take advantage of our many dining options in the area!

Please consider us for any future visits to the Plymouth/Middleboro area!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stopped here for a Saturday night stay, getting the basic advance purchase senior rate ($109). We had waited a little long to set up reservations for this part of our trip, so the choices were tightening up. We had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff were excellent, which I found to be the case at all of the Marriott properties we visited on our three week vacation. I had a question about a billing charge after we left and had it cleared up on the phone in a couple of minutes, followed up by an email from Fairfield Inn with the paperwork. Our room was on the 4th floor. There's only one elevator, but we had no problem getting in or getting out of the hotel. The breakfast area is small, but the breakfast was good and we weren't inconvenienced. The rooms may not be the most up-to-date of the Marriotts, but ours was clean and had all of the amenities we expected. Wi-Fi worked very well in the room. We had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a decent Fairfield Inn... not the newest kid on the block but certainly not the oldest either. The room was clean and a good size. The breakfast was a nice variety of hot and cold items. The best part of this hotel from my personal experience is their super friendly and accommodating staff! I had forgotten to ask for a frig and remembered only when I got up to the room. I went back down and requested a room with a frig and apologized for not requesting it in the first place. We were moved to another room just down the hall from where we were and it did have a frig as requested, but also had 2 beds instead of 1 (it was our Anniversary so we wanted the larger single bed). I went back down and apologized for being a pain and explained that if possible we would like a room with 1 bed and a frig but if not possible at least the single, king-sized bed. She never got upset, kept apologizing to me and in fact was able to get us a room with a king and a frig. The next morning the gentleman working the breakfast buffet was very friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. If we are ever in the area overnight we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It's your basic Fairfield experience - decent enough accomodations and not too pricey. I stayed here with my girlfriend and her family for a wedding nearby and it seemed nicer than other hotels in the area. Overall the stay was fine, but I will reminder how friendly the staff was - especially the guy on night duty that talks about candy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay for other TripAdvisor guests! We pride ourselves on our excellent guest relations and are very pleased to hear that our staff provided a great experience for you during your stay.

We sincerely hope that if you are in the Plymouth/Middleboro area again, you chose us.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

this hotel is a very dated and tired facility.I thought the elevator smelled and since it is used by cleaning staff sometimes there is a long wait for it.The bed I did not think met the Marriott standard.It was at best acceptable.The staff I encountered could not have been more friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mainelytravel
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We try our very best to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests and are constantly working to improve our hotel and its' amenities. Your feedback will help to direct our efforts.

We are pleased to hear that our staff is providing superior service and making our guests feel welcome!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Fairfield Inn has many of the qualilties I associate with a Marriott, including friendly, helpful staff, a nice pool and a good quality continental breakfast. Unfortunately, the hotel is older, and the rooms are seriously in need of updating and improved comfort.
Our king-bed room had two chairs; the easy chair was comfortable and had an ottoman. The "desk chair" was vinyl and metal, and NOT a desk chair. No way to adjust back or height, no wheels for easy moving around, and a material that didn't breathe, leaving me sticky and uncomfortable. The bed was old, lumpy, and just plain beat-up; the beds need to be replaced.
Marriotts will continue to be my hotels of choice whenever possible, but I'm glad I won't need to be in Middleboro again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VTOceanLover
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you found some of the furniture in our rooms uncomfortable, but am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service of our staff. Although there are some aspects of our hotel that may seem out-dated, we understand the value of an enjoyable experience while staying at a hotel and do our best to provide excellent service, maintenance and cleanliness.

We sincerely value your patronage to Marriott as well as your business with our hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#9 of 9 in Plymouth
Courtyard Boston Raynham

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro? Share your experiences!