“No Complaints”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My sister and I came up from CT to go to King Richard's Renaissance Fair (which I highly recommend!) in the neighboring town of Carver and we stayed overnight at the Fairfield Inn. It was clean, fairly quiet, the lady at the front desk was very helpful giving us directions to both the fair and offering suggestions for dinner. Breakfast was awesome with lots of choices both healthy and not so healthy. Will most likely stay there again when I visit the fair next year!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro

Reviewed 14 September 2010

As soon as I arrived, I pulled back the mattress covers. I've gotten into the habit of doing so and will continue to do so on every trip. Exposed covers revealed the mattress crawling with bedbugs. I immediately went to the front desk. They were apologetic. They offered me another room, but I refused and decided to press my luck at another hotel down the street. Thankfully that one didn't have any signs of bedbugs. Seems a shame as the hotel is generally clean and seems well-kept.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank lcche
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at this Fairfield for several nights in connection with a sporting event. The hotel was clean and attractive. Rooms were spacious, clean and nicely appointed. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating. Knowing that most of the hotel was occupied by sports groups who needed to be out the door early Sat and Sun, they moved breakfast up an hour so that everyone could have breakfast before leaving for the day.

Located only a short drive from Plymouth, it is reasonable alternative to more expensive hotels closer to attractions.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

For a considerably lower price is the Days Inn - Middleboro, but when I stayed there July 2009 it was marginal in terms of cleanliness, musky odors in the room and halls, staff attitudes, etc. My Trip Advisor review for that hotel rated it barely acceptable for a very short stay, and other reviews after mine have not shown any improvement, so I did not do that place again this year.

This Fairfield Inn is a nice medium-price hotel located ca. 40 min. from the Bourne Bridge over to Cape Cod, not as expensive as some other comparable chain properties in the Middleboro area. Their website notes that this hotel was renovated recently in 2008. I paid a slightly lower price for a non-refundable rate, otherwise it would have been a bit more than expensive than I would have like to pay. What I got was a nice size, clean room with a king size bed, that included a microwave and small refrigerator. The bath shower head had one of the wide spray heads that seem to be more common these days, something that I like. The sink and counter is outside the bathroom, a convenient arrangement when more than one person is staying in the room, and all are trying to clean up and shower in the morning. The free WiFi worked OK for me, no problems getting online.

The free breakfast stuff offered was impressive and good, plenty of variety of cereals (hot and cold), bagels, donuts, muffins, waffles (make your own), yogurt, prepared breakfast-type sandwiches, fruit, etc., etc.

I may stay at this place again in the future, but it would be better if their room prices were somewhat lower.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

The hotel has recently been redone, it's clean, everyone working there was nice.
We picked it because of the central location. About 45 min. to Logan Air Port, an hour to Newport RI and 1-1/2 hours to Plymouth MA.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2010

In town for Easter at our daughters. We could have stayed with them on a blow up bed, but chose the Fairfield for a real bed and privacy. Thank God!!! Comfortable King bed and the pillows were good too. Room was nice and clean. TV was ok, hard to figure out the channels. lg dorm fridge and microwave. Good shower. The faucets in the sink were reversed hot/cold-kind of weird. 4th floor quiet, even though just off 495 and 44. Breakfast was excellent the next morning and the girl working the dining room was very courteous. We would probably stay here again if we had to spend the night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2010

In general this property is nice, clean, and a good rate. But there really should review their hiring policies. I was running late and called the hotel to make sure my reservation was ok. I spoke with a very nice woman named Lauren. She said no problem and since I had a credit card on the reservation it would be held. Three hours later I arrived and Lauren was off duty. Instead I had Bill check me in. While I was standing waiting to be checked in, Bill was talking to another guest complaining about some of the other employees. Then I checked in. I was given a room with two doubles and asked why since my reservation was for a King (i am 6'3" and weigh 275). Bill said that my reservation was for two double beds. I said that I had spoken to Lauren and she read my reservation back to me and it was for one King. He then went off on Lauren telling me she is young and inexperienced and usually don't know what she is talking about.

Why would Marriott put a person like this at the front desk? Totally unprofessional!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Courtyard Boston Raynham

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro? Share your experiences!