“I was meant to stumble across this Heaven on Earth.”

On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Middleboro B&B and Inns
Taunton, Massachusetts
“I was meant to stumble across this Heaven on Earth.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was looking for a weekend away alone, I was hesitant staying at a B&B as I had never stayed at one before. By far, On Cranberry Pond was the best place I had EVER stayed. Jeannine & Ken are the warmest, kindest, most loving people you could be fortunate enough to meet. I was only planning on staying one night and ended up staying two nights. I didn't want to leave.

It was a slice of Heaven with tranquil grounds. I stayed in the Rose room and slept like a baby the 2 nights I was there. I was destined to have experienced this amazing home and even more so to meet Jeannine & Ken.

Kellie M.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kellie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I selected On Cranberry Pond hoping for a quiet and homey place for my boyfriend and I to lay our head after 10 hour days of recording South of Boston. As soon as we veered off of 44 we were transported into a setting of worthy of Thoreau: tranquility embedded in quintessential New England beauty. Our room managed to be both spotlessly clean and perfectly cozy. My boyfriend has been complaining for weeks that our bed just isn't as comfortable as the one in the Cranberry Room. Upon waking, we were greeted with kindness, coffee and quiches. Fresh fruit was a staple. But above all the rest were our caretakers, Jeanine and Kenny. They are Ace human beings. Love is built into the infrastructure of Cranberry Pond, as construction for the B&B began with Jeanine's efforts to offer refuge for troubled and underprivileged teens, to whom she still offers counsel when she is not feeding empty bellied travelers. Besides the swans, woodpeckers, and robins roaming the grounds, there are also CHICKENS providing FRESH EGGS for your breakfast pleasure. I can't wait to get back to the good life On Cranberry Pond.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela S
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Not only were Jeannine and her husband the most accommodating hosts the food was awesome! I would highly recommend this spot to anyone traveling through to the Cape, Plymouth or even Boston. Tucked away and set in and around cranberry bogs, the overall charm of this place is palpable. The view from any of the rooms is spectacular even in the winter months. The bed, hands down was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, you wont want to get out of it. My room had all the amenities I could ever want and then some extras that blew me out of the water. Two thumbs up Jeannine, keep up the great work!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at the bed and breakfast for our honeymoon weekend. Beautiful and quaint doesn't even begin to describe this wonderful, warm B&B.
The good was insanely good! All set at a warm table where we met other people on vacation. We enjoyed breathtaking views of cranberry bogs and wooded areas. Nice fire pit to sit at on those cold evenings. Absolutely 100% recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kimberlymchugh
West Peabody MA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at this terrific B&B. Jeannine makes a breakfast that is out of this world. She was very accommodating in making special breakfasts because of my food allergies. The B&B is spotless,homey and the location in the middle of a bog is outstanding Jeannine her husband Ken and housekeeper Charlene do an outstanding job.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Had an excellent stay and the inn-keepers prepared amazing food for us. Also did me a huge favor and put together a batch of chocolate brownies for our arrival... made the gf happy! The entire place, including our room, were spotless and well-stocked with the expected amenities. Made for a great weekend away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We discovered this little gem when we decided we wanted to learn more about Massachusetts cranberries - see a harvest, the colors, the locations, and the people involved. This bed and breakfast was a perfect spot to begin.

First, let me start by saying I shy away from Inns and boutique hotels where I feel the need to talk to others, interact with others, or in any way bond with others. We chose this B&B because it was on a cranberry bog.

There are so many things right with this B&B it's hard to name a "first" so I'll start with the location:
easy enough to find, on a pretty little parcel with a hope garden, pond, fire pit and of course 2 cranberry bogs - one with water and one almost ready to be flooded for harvesting (my terminology is still rudimentary). There were trails to walk too.

B&B:
Walking in felt like walking into a loved one’s home. Welcoming, warm, friendly. The other guests easy to talk to and the owner, Jeanine was lively, energetic, nice, accommodating, and easy to talk to. I don't warm up to people I don't know quickly, so the fact that I found myself in a 2 hour conversation that I didn't want to end is a testament to how warm and friendly the house was. I felt like we were at a dear old friends house on a visit, I've never been more pleased with atmosphere than here.

Room:
We had the Cranberry room - we loved it. The bed was comfortable and the sheets nice quality. Clean, neat, and welcoming. From the wine glasses to the coffee keurig to the deck overlooking the bog. Waking up to nature was such a treat for us.

Breakfast:
I'm a difficult eater - celiac and dairy free. I woke up to one of the most delicious gluten and dairy free blueberry muffins I've ever had. Eggs right from the chicken - scrambled though since I like my eggs cooked, and a fruit salad of fresh fruit. Coffee and a couple varieties of cranberry juice. Everything made to order and fresh. I felt so spoiled. My husband had oatmeal mixed with dates and other goodies - all homemade and fresh, and on the second morning he had pancakes like nothing he's eaten before.

All in all, we will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PickledOlive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Plymouth

Been to On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!