“A Truly Special Place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Middleboro B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“A Truly Special Place”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at On Cranberry Pond for a 5-day mini vacation and had the most wonderful time. Jeannine and Ken are superb hosts who treated us like family. We have been to B & B's all throughout New England is this is our favorite by far. We were looking for a place to stay that would allow us to explore the area with ease, and On Cranberry Pond was perfect. It truly is in the middle of everything. We took day trips to Plymouth, New Bedford and Sandwich, which were all within a 20-40 minute drive. Jeannine made the most wonderful breakfast each morning – omelets with fresh herbs from her garden, eggs benedict, quiche, and best of all her special puffy pancakes with apples and cranberries. We called it the "no lunch necessary breakfast". Jeannine and Ken obviously love what they do. It isn't just a business for them, but a part of their lives. We enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them so much that we weren't in a hurry to leave on our day trips. It was good for two fast-paced New Yorkers to slow down a bit. We stayed in the Native American room, a suite blessed by an area Chief. It was like a mini-apartment and had a special aura. And the setting is truly beautiful. Every morning, we had breakfast on the porch (even when it was chilly) just so that we could take in the scenery – the cranberry bogs, the pond, and the forest beyond. Bird watching was another favorite pass time. We were especially enamored with the hummingbirds. We can't wait to return again. Next time, we will invite more family and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NJ
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I have to visit the New England market on a regular basis. My company suggested that On Cranberry Pond as others have stayed here. I have not been big on BnB’s as a destination in the past, but the caretakers at On Cranberry Pond take the experience to an entirely different level. Jeannine is very welcoming and extremely hospitable. I rarely eat breakfast when I am at home but Jeannine does not let you leave unless you have breakfast. It’s the only way you can leave. Her meals are prepared fresh every morning and they taste OUTSTANDING! The comforts that she provides is far better than anyone can expect which is why I make this my destination

The house is right on an active cranberry bog. If you are lucky to be visiting during the cranberry harvest you will witness one of nature’s beauties. The location is calm, quiet and open to a lot of nature and fishing.

It is a joy having a place to stay like On Cranberry Pond. The time spent away from my own family is suppressed a little as I feel right at home here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 24 March 2010

As soon as I arrive, Jeannine sets me up with a cup-a-tea and a cranberry flapjack down by the pond. The nip of an autumn breeze rustles the maple leaves above, fish send ripples, a water flume tinkles a calm in my left ear, and the buzz of late-afternoon insects crescendos into a Jiminy-Cricket sing-song of busy little legs. Everything soothes: the space, the water and Jeanine’s flapjack – a delicious thick layer of cranberry under a crumble-crust of sugary oat. Life here is like this everyday, and as a guest you are treated like family. Jeanine and Kenny’s B&B On Cranberry Pond set in the heart of cranberry country delivers all the mom-and-pop peace and quiet you could want, and the innkeepers will become your friends. I have made many visits, staying here while reporting on several cranberry harvests – in words and photography – for various publications around the globe, including Martha Stewart Living, The UK Sunday Times and Vogue, Australia, and Jeanine and Kenny have made every stay perfect. Not only that, they have actively helped me with my work, assisting in every way they could, and then there’s all the delicious homemade things that get effortlessly rustled up in Jeanine’s kitchen. Loosen that waistband, you’ll so want to.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
mid mass
Reviewed 24 May 2009

On Cranberry Pond was a delightful find....where i went looking for a nice place to stay while in between the Cape & Middleboro, this was so very peaceful. The birds are amazing! It was so nice to sleep with the window open & hear birds singing in the morning! The innkeepers immediately make you feel at home and welcome. I would go again just for a peaceful visit!!! Enjoy

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Broomfield
Reviewed 17 May 2009

On Cranberry Pond is one of the most unique getaways I have experienced; it is exactly what a bed & breakfast should be!

Our hostess, Jeannine LaBossiere, offers tasteful, varied rooms, breakfast-as-good-as-my Mom's, flawless directions to the numerous, accessible sights and true home comforts. The area is secluded, quiet and beautiful.

Need to step out of your busy life? We thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of "being far away!" Check the website for On Cranberry Pond: it is inclusive and accurate; all we had hoped for!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Buckhead GA
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Please consider going out of your way to stay at "On Cranberry Pond." I frequently visit Southeastern Massachusetts on business. I have enjoyed this B&B and particularly enjoyed getting to know Jeanine, the innkeeper. On Wednesday morning of this past week, Jeanine made a fabulous breakfast consisting of homemade muffins, apple pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs, coffee, and an assortment of teas - all you can eat, and more! Should you prefer, Jeanine will cook your breakfast to order, time permitting. The setting is amazing. In Room #3, you have gorgeous views of two nearby lakes. (I guess, if I were accurate, these are actually cranberry bogs, but to me, they just look like lakes, sorry.) At night, take advantage of the grounds and go for a long walk. You are close to Plymouth - go see Plymouth Rock - and close to the lovely little town of Middleborough. On Cranberry Pond is not all bogs and berries. There is excellent wireless internet access. So please, whether you are a business person or a family with kids, give Jeanine a try.

• Liked — Jeanine, the innkeeper and her great breakfast, and the gorgeous grounds
  • Disliked — I wish it were closer to downtown Boston, but you cant have everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2008

I have never been treated so well at any lodging before. On Cranberry Pond is clean, neat and the rooms are well appointed.
It sits in a lovely country setting and we watched the swans and ducks as we sat with coffee in the morning under a large tree on the edge of their pond.
We were close to boating and fishing in Plymouth as well as a large concert facility in a town close by.
I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to stay there, in fact, I encourage it....if only for the gourmet breakfast that is to die for!

• Liked — It was quiet and relaxing and the food was great
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor

Been to On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!