“Terrrible service.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Terrrible service.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Our family stayed at this property last night. It took more than 30 minutes for the man at the front desk to check us in. There was someone waiting behind us, but no one before us. It just took that long. He could not figure out what rooms they had. The room was nice, in the typical HIE fashion. The next morning we went down for breakfast. They were out of everything. There was a lady that would bring an item out every 5 or so minutes. Many items were never replenished in the time that we were there. There were several people waiting for food items to be replenished. We travel often and this is some of the worst service I have seen in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Deborah G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an exemplary service on check in. Additionally, please accept my sincerest apologies for the lapse in service with reference to your breakfast experience.

I regret that you found these aspects of your stay displeasing, your comments will certainly be looked into and will be used to reconsider updates. We all hope that should your travel plans bring you back to our area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in our service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I came in on a company trip through a nice drive and lightning storm. Needless to say, my night was not going well. The lady (Leandra) changed that with her friendly demeanor, pleasantness, and helpful attitude. Stayed for the week and the rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was simple but nice. The entire staff for the was really helpful. So much so Leandra and Jill helped me pick out my dinner for the last day of my stay. Would definitely stay here again when I am back in the area. Thanks so much for everything!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
staysmart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We strive to provide the best accommodations for our guests and being provided with input from our guests help us be successful at it. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be your choice again in the near future!
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have stayed here 5 nights in the last 2 weeks. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Taking a left out of the property can be a bit challenging during rush hour as is taking a left from the exits off 495. The hotel staff is great and it was close to where I was working. Dinner options are about a mile away. I chose to walk because the traffic stinks. All in all, I would stay here again because of the location to where I needed to be.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
GaryM-
I appreciate your review about your most recent stay at our property. I do understand traffic wise it can be tricky with all the main roads coming to a head. However, like you mentioned our location is centrally located for many attractions and restaurants. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed a couple of days and for the most part it was good. Did have two simple but weird maint issues 1 a softball size whole in the shade and no handle on the cold water. They fixed it all was good the breakfast was free but very limited. The only thing that made me mad was when housekeeping woke me up at 8am to see if I was still there on my last day

• Stayed May 2013
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
To Erscemt,
Thank you for your response on your recent stay at our property. I do apologize for the maintenance mishaps you came across. We are currently updating our breakfast to have more variety for the guests. We encourage any feedback that can help us improve to be your chosen destination when in the Cape/Plymouth area.
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I stay at this location for business on a regular basis. This is a nice hotel with comfortable beds and nice furnishings. The hotel needs a few nicer people at the front desk upon check-in. No personality at all but hey all I need is my key and the bill to be correct. I would stay here again and again as longs as they keep the property up.

• Stayed May 2013
To Paul_da_Bulldog,
Thank you for writing a review on your stay on our property. We appreciate all feedback and are always looking for ways to improve to meet our guests needs. We especially care about the needs of our frequent guests. Thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My family and I had been traveling and decided to stop here. There was a gentlemen working on the night shift. Stephen. He was the MOST polite, courteous and attentive young man. When we got to our rooms, we were pleasantly surprised by how spacious the rooms were. Great amenities. We went to the pool, which was great but the spa pool was out of service. Breakfast was probably the worst part of my experience. I don't know what type of eggs those are that your company is using, but there terrible. They had a pancake machine that was out of order. Overall I give my experience at this hotel a 6 out of 10, due to the great customer service and the great rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Evadney s-
Thank you for your review after your stay at our property. I am proud of our friendly and helpful staff, we strive to be your home away from home. I am also pleased our room accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. However, I do apologize for the breakfast experience you had. We are in the process of improving our breakfast, we want our guests to feel full and satisfied every morning. We have recently been providing fruit from the local farm stand and are always looking for feedback. Once again thank you and I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Sanford, Maine
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We called the day of check in to see if we could check in an hour earlier, and were pleased that the hotel could honor our request. The King room that we were given (215) was much larger than expected. It was located on the back of the building, so we couldn't hear any noise from the road. The few things that did not meet our expectations were: The spa tub that is advertised on the website, is not currently in open. It was closed off with caution tape. I'll be honest it looks like it's been closed for a while. It would have been nice to have known that when we booked reservation. Also, their HOT breakfast consists of paper thin bacon and eggs that were under the heat lamps too long that the tops of the eggs had burnt. I was also told that their Pancake maker (maybe she meant waffle maker?) wasn't working either. For some reason there was syrup being offered though? We didn't see any fruit, which would have been nice. There was yogurt, juices, cereal, bread for toast, English muffins, bagels. We had stayed there to attend a wedding, we were told (after we checked in ) that there was a welcome bag that we should have received upon check in however we never received it. I choose average, for rating because I didn't feel that the hotel deserved a poor rating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Sharon G-
Thank you for your kind review. We take much pride in having spacious and welcoming rooms for our guests. Unfortunately, our hot tub was down due to it being painted and deep cleaned. I am sorry for your breakfast experience, we are working on revamping this amenity and any advice is helpful. I hope you will stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro? Share your experiences!