“Good value and condition”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Good value and condition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

With very few exceptions this hotel did a great job for our overnight. Lobby and room condition and maintenance were excellent. I liked the use of all white bedclothes in the rooms. Breakfast service was standard nice fare, with eggs, sausage, self made waffles, and fruit on one side, and cereals, bakeds, and juices on the other. Very friendly desk staff.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and would certainly consider staying here again.

Maintenance punch list for management: Windows were a little older so a little leaky. Window wall temperature control was a bit of an analog challenge to adjust for comfort levels, but it was basically ok. Included pool and hot tub were good, a little tile maintenance along the base of the outside wall was needed as grouting and wall adhesive was failing.

Room Tip: Earlier is better on the breakfast bar, got crowded around 8:30
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I made last minute reservations for my daughter's family weekend at her college so there were no hotels right near by. This hotel was a good choice as it was only 30 minutes away and right off a major interstate. We stayed 4 nights and had a trip to Boston so the location was perfect because it was right in between Boston and Worcester, Massachusetts.

It was very clean, the staff was very professional. They were always helpful at the front desk with maps and directions. The breakfast was better than other Fairfield hotels that i have stayed at before. The staff kept the food fresh and was extremely helpful. Housekeeping was excellent and kept the room in perfect condition. The pool was great for my grandson and was in great condition, well maintained. It was obvious to me that the hotel was well managed and the staff trained to be very customer oriented!

The hotel made my visit to my daughter's college very pleasant.

Room Tip: I like rooms close to the elevators. They can be noisy sometimes but this hotel seemed to have good...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the Trip Advisor community. We're so pleased that our staff and accommodations made your visits to Worcester and Boston enjoyable and convenient. We hope to see you again next time you make a visit to HC!

Best,
Jesse Weatherford, GM
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet and well cared for. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a nice typical hot hotel breakfast which was well stocked and tables were kept clean. The front desk staff was professionally friendly. The exercise room had several well working machines. It did have glass that looks out onto the pool which I wouldn't be crazy about if the pool was being used but it wasn't. There was ample parking.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed one night while visiting friends in the area. Upon arrival we were greatly promptly and the front desk staff was very friendly. Check in was quick and efficient. The rooms are relatively large with a sitting area and separate area for the bed. Both spaces have TV's. The bath room was a comfortable size and there is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The room overall was clean although it could use some detailing - dust on top of the space divider, stain on the dust ruffle of the bed (this was on the part most guests do not see but I have a tendency to look in areas where others may not) also hair and dust on this part of the dust ruffle (honestly don't know why places have them they just gather dust as the name would indicate). The shower had great pressure, lots of hot water but could use an extra cleaning - there is a textured bottom to stop slippage but this also can lead to a bit of mildew. Just a little extra time from the housekeeping staff could take care all the issues. A full breakfast is available in the lobby - we grabbed some juice, coffee and a bagel - typical of hotel fare, nice that is it convenient but nothing special. Like the title of the review suggest for less that $100 with the taxes included it was a good place to stay for a night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here as a whim right off the highway, it was the first hotel off the road. I was so tired, and so aggravated, I was expecting the worst seeing as how it was late at night. I am so glad I chose this one. I have stayed at many hotels in my career and I have never experienced such wonderful hospitality. A young woman named Annie had checked me in, she is hospitality perfection!! A smile even before I entered the door, so warm and welcoming, she had mentioned she was new and still learning but to me she seemed like a pro, Marriott really acquired a wonderful employee! Our room was towards the back of the building, quiet, faced a wooded area. The room was a bit small, and a bit out dated, but when Annie had called to make sure everything was all right in the room after we had checked in ( Amazing! Who does that anymore!) she had assured me that the hotel would be going under some renovation and improvements in this coming November. Pool was a bit small, and a bit warm, but it was nice to have it open until 11:00 pm. Breakfast in the morning was an added bonus, good selection, could use better orange juice though. Over all it was a fantastic stay thanks to the wonderful staff at this location, I will keep coming back and recommending this location to many of my colleagues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jesse W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for feedback! Annie is a new addition to our team, but I agree, she does a fantastic job and has picked it up in no time, I'm sure it will make her day to read your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Rented a room here for a night, to avoid a drive two days in a row. The room was nice, booking was simple, location was great.

They have an indoor pool, and serve a continental breakfast which was we took advantage of.

Great restaurant for Chinese food down the street like seriously, if your staying here and looking for some place to eat- Milford mandarin . Check it out & Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Crystal D
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad we could break up your drive with a relaxing stay. Please come see us again next time you're passing through!
Manchester, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been a loyal Marriott patron for at least 20 years and have had good experiences overall, whether a category 2 or 6. I chose this hotel for a brief overnight with my family of 3 and my elderly parents. I received a courtesy email from Manager Natasha, for Elite members a few days prior, and requested the rooms to be in close proximity. This was honored, rooms were very close to each other. Upon arriving, there was no one behind the front desk, a short wait was not a problem. Natasha did appear, and we checked in, parents first. How surprising and disappointing, not a " good afternoon" or "welcome", just a clickety- click on the computer, "How many nights?" "Here's your Key". No smile, no Hospitality, quite unpleasant. When I checked in, exactly the same. We all commented about the lack of courtesy when we were in the elevator. Perhaps Natasha was having a very bad day. Those employed in the business of hospitality should not take out frustrations on customers! Otherwise, all other employees were very nice. Pool had way, way, way too much chlorine. Do not plan on sleeping on sofa bed, it had a mattress that was only about 2 inches thick. Room was nicely laid out (King Suite), very clean, good size with 2 tvs, fridge and microwave. Breakfast was fine. A shame about the unpleasant check-in experience.

Date Stayed: October 2013

Room Tip: Rear of Building quiet and wooded, front faces Roadway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and your stay. It's definitely dissapointing to hear that your welcome fell short from what we expect of ourselves. That's not something I hear often, so it will definitely be addressed. We hope to see you again, so we can provide you with a good room and a great welcome.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Milford Inn
Milford Inn
#6 of 6 in Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Residence Inn Boston Franklin

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford? Share your experiences!