“Worth the money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Owensboro, KY
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Nice hotel. Good staff. Needs more fruit on the breakfast bar. Would stay here again. LOVED THE FREE WIRELESS.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
expressmilfordgsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hello Daylilly08,
Thank you for taking the time to-do a Trip Advisor review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Boston/ Milford. We do have red apples, oranges, granny smith apples and bananas for our breakfast, which other fruits are you looking for? We love guest input and are always trying to improve! Please choose to stay with us again when in the Milford area. Maybe you will like the changes we are making to breakfast.

Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed at this hotel while traveling on business in the area and was very happy with my stay. The free breakfast is great and they had a wide variety of food. The hotel is super clean and the staff is great. My wife and child were traveling with me visiting family and they loved the pool. They also have free internet access. I will always stay at this hotel when traveling to Milford! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

I needed to be in the area for business and decided to bring my wife and kids so they could have a little vacation and see Boston. I looked for hotels near Holliston, MA where we have family. This hotel had a lot of positive reviews so I called way in advance to book a room for 8 nights.

The first funny thing was there were no rooms available with two beds - just a king bed. I said there were 4 in the family and we needed more than 1 bed, so they suggested a suite that had a sleeper sofa in addition to one king bed. I agreed and asked the price per night, which I confirmed. I called back a few months later before the trip to confirm the reservation and the price. More on this later.

The hotel is located near some big-box stores but is away from the road and very quiet. Plenty of free parking. When we checked in in the evening, there was popcorn in the lobby and some apples and granola bars in a basket on the counter.

The room was as described, clean, spacious, all the usual amenities. Free internet, which is always nice. However, there were only 2 bath towels so we had to go down and ask for more. This happened several times during our stay - housekeeping didn't leave 4 towels. By the way, the front desk doesn't deliver anything to the room, so be prepared to fetch anything missing yourself.

We used the indoor pool which was fine. The hot tub jets were broken but the water was warm. There was a small fitness room with a few cardio machines.

Breakfast was interesting. Every morning there were hot cinnamon rolls, a few cold cereals, bananas, various breads and muffins, and milk/juice/coffee/tea/cocoa. Most mornings there was yogurt but it was always raspberry. Hot items rotated daily, with some ok sausage gravy and biscuits and some nearly inedible fake eggs wrapped around some orange cheese-like fake product. I think they're trying to fool people into thinking it's an omelet. The tables/chairs were very crowded and the whole area isn't designed well, with lots of bumping elbows.

Housekeeping was hit or miss - one day they removed the half-used shampoo bottle but didn't replace it. Likewise we lost a bar of soap and had to go to the desk and get more. The quality of the soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. was surprisingly poor. I've stayed in many less expensive hotels that supplied better toiletries. You may want to bring your own.

So we had a good time overall, no major complaints. That is, until checkout day. The bill slipped under my door had the quoted rate for Fri and Sat but a much higher rate for Sun-Thurs. I went down to the desk to ask about this and they said the rate can change during the stay. I responded that I had not been told about this, even though I had called twice before arriving to confirm everything including the price. The rate was also clearly stated on my check-in form. I asked to see that, and they produced it. Unfortunately, I missed the fine print that said the daily rate may change. I commented that the hotel should print the actual daily rates on the check-in form, not just the cheaper weekend rates. The manager said the computer didn't have an extra line so there wasn't any room to put additional rates. I took that explanation with a grain of salt, but I didn't argue - these things tend to be corporate decisions not up to the manager. I ended up by suggesting they quote daily and total rates when people call and when they check in to avoid these unpleasant surprises.

Because of this, I would be very unlikely to return to this hotel nor recommend it to others. There were a few nearby hotels that I'll look into on my next trip.

• Liked — Spacious suite, quiet
  • Disliked — Below average breakfast, higher room rate not disclosed
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Craig D
mandyme3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2008

This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff here went above and beyond to make me feel at home. I will definately stay at this property again when I am in the area.

Stayed August 2007
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

Stayed here with some friends while in town for a party. Room was awkwardly shaped, but functional. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool area was a bit spartan, but there appears to have been some attempt to make it comfy. Would stay here again.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank Mysty3
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2007

We stayed 4 nights at this property while on vacation in the Boston area.

Check in was quick, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. We had requested a baby crib with our reservation and it was waiting in our room. The room itself was very spacious and clean. There was free wi-fi throughout the property.

The pool and the spa area were great. The temperature was adequate and there were plenty of extra towels. The pool area itself was never very crowded.

This property also has a free self serve laundry facility. The only drawback is 1 washer and 2 dryers for the entire hotel.

Breakfast was also served each morning. From the cinnamon rolls to the cheese omelets, it was very delicious. Get there early. The breakfast hostess usually did not replenish the foods 30 minutes prior to the end of the breakfast.

Overall, we had a great stay at this property and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bbade514
lauriek41
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2007

After a wedding, we had blocked off a few rooms in the hotel. We are a loud bunch, and instead of yelling at us to keep it down and shut our doors, they offered to have us all come hang in the lobby/bar area....about 25 of us. They went above and beyond to make sure that we had an enjoyable stay. Bringing us buckets and buckets of ice to make sure our beverages stayed cold.

• Liked — Great customer service
  • Stayed June 2007
2 Thank lauriek41
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Residence Inn Boston Franklin
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milford? Share your experiences!