“Great service, clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Milford
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
“Great service, clean hotel”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed here to go to the Wrentham Outlet Mall. Great hotel - clean, excellent service and quiet location. Breakfast better than most continentals b/c of the many options including many healthy options such as f/free milk, f/free yogurt, fruit, etc., but the coffee was really bad (as is usually the case with free breakfasts).

Excellent service - very informative and friendly reception, free apple cider chocolates, etc.

Only negative is that you can hear the footsteps from the floor above you - I forgot to request a fourth floor as I had already read about this.

I'd DEFINITELY stay here again.

FYI, restaurant called Alamo, Mexican, closeby. They had live music when we went on Saturday night. Family friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorkToTravel123
expressmilfordgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
I am glad to hear that you had an excellent stay with us while shopping in Wrentham. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you come visit us again on your next shopping trip. Next time you book take a look into booking our Shopping Express Weekend Package!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My first time at this hotel, and I stayed here for three nights. Overall I was impressed with the comfort of the beds, the quality of the rooms, the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel, accessiblity to the highway, and the speed of the WiFi connection. I had not problems with any of these.

The breakfast gave a good selection. The eggs and coffee every morning were not particularly good, but everything else was fine. Really for the entire stay, there were not complaints.

Congratulations to the management and staff.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DBM24
expressmilfordgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Thank you for writing a review about your recent business travel stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our amenities met your business needs and that our guest rooms were to your standards. I also appreciate the feedback about our breakfast as we will use this to continuously improve the selection and quality of our items. We hope to see you on your next business trip to the area.
Dundalk, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The hotel had a very nature feel to it since its surrounded by trees, rooms are very clean and staff is excellent.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank TrickyTravler
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear that you felt we were a home away from home and that our staff was there to meet your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The room was clean, the bed was nice, and I liked the snacks in the lobby. My biggest problems though were (1) the free internet was painfully slow in the afternoon and early evening - although faster early in the morning when presumably no one else was using it and (2) the sound insulation was awful: I'm used to hearing a few sounds through adjacent walls, but when you hear every footstep from the room above you, this is much more distracting, and evidence of a poor building design. A further annoyance was that the lobby gave me a technical service number to call about the slow internet, telling me it was a free call from my room - but my bill the next morning showed a $2.56 charge for a 1 minute call to this number. The front desk removed the charge at my request upon checkout, so I can't complain too much, but in any case that is an extortionate charge for a 1 minute phone call!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Pearl_Yonick
expressmilfordgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 20 November 2010
I am sorry to hear that you had experienced a less then excellent stay with us recently. Since your stay I have checked into the internet, and have made the decision to upgrade our bandwidth. I also hope that you do not experience noise such as you mentioned in future stays with us and we will make sure that we place you in a 4th floor room upon your next business trip to the area. I appreciate your feedback, as it will be used for training and development purposes as well as during our planning for upcoming renovation projects. We hope to better serve you in the future at our property and with the Holiday Inn Express brand.
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I often stay in local hotels, near where I live, sometimes for the laughs. I did not expect a non-Marriott property to provide any great experience. I was really surprised at the quality of the bed, I couldn't have slept any better even at home. The free breakfast in the morning was good, and lasted til about noon time, whereby I don't get up before 10am on a weekend anyways.
Lastly I was there for a funeral, and the free popcorn, iced tea at the time, and now hot apple cider, really add to the touches of the place. Each room has a big flat TV, and it's just phenomenal for the price. Sadly I didn't get to use the pool, but otherwise this place was top notch, and I'll be sure and check out other HI Express's in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bravestar1
expressmilfordgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 30 October 2010
I am glad to see that you had a great experience at our hotel, and that you will consider other hotels within our brand during future stays. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you take advantage of our pool. Thank you again for the great feedback!
Moncton, NB
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This hotel was very welcoming and had anything you need. The hotel was super clean and had the best, most friendly staff you could want! I was totally impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to everyone. I'm so glad we chose this hotel for our trip. Thanks to all the staff for making my stay so plesant. I'm coming back for sure.

• Stayed September 2010
expressmilfordgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, 3 October 2010
Thank you for your great review. I appreciate your feedback, and use it to maintain our service. I am glad that our staff was able to meet your needs. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even more memorable next time. We hope to see you again soon!
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Got a great deal on this HI Express on a "name your own price" website, but even if I didn't, it would have been worth every penny! Check in was fast, we were even offered cold bottled water. They also had fruit and popcorn and iced tea as well as cookies available at the front desk. Our rooms were immaculate...every day the beds were made and everything in the room was arranged, like shoes on the floor...we even had towel animals on the bed! I felt like I was on a cruise ship! The shower was great, one of those waterfall shower heads....bed was super comfortable...wifi was great! Nice flat screen tv with plenty of channels. No road noise even though we were close to the highway. Breakfast was definately a nice thing to have...the coffee was actually excellent! The orange juice was not, very watery. Every day they had eggs or omelets, sausage, bacon, french toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, english muffins, pb&j. We used the pool twice....the first night the hot tub jets worked and it was great.....the second night it didn't work, but the water was still nice and warm. Overall the pool area was really nice and relaxing...loved it! I would definately recommend this hotel...the staff was friendly and it was squeaky clean and comfortable!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. I am pleased to hear that you liked your towel animals, and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Milford Inn
Milford Inn
#6 of 6 in Milford
Residence Inn Boston Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milford? Share your experiences!