“Very relaxing, comfortable, and quiet stay ...”

Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Reserved this hotel for an event at the Patriot Center and we stayed in their executive suite on the fifth floor. The bed was really comfortable and we enjoyed having two tv's in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and offered many choices; even for me who is a picky eater. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the local area.

By the way, we also enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies at check-in.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plbs

Reviewed 2 March 2009

I’ve stayed in this hotel about 4 times in seven years; every time I arrive it’s a different hotel chain! Radisson, Sheraton now double tree

Firstly the gym, barely acceptable with two treadmills and a very small area for free weights suitable for one person only! Poor marks there but better than nothing

Go t a room on the 5th floor on club level, free snacks and alcohol for 2 hours a night and they make a decent effort about it to this combined with a breakfast spread in the morning makes it a very pleasant alternative – so top marks there!

Was automatically given my companies rate on check in rather than the higher rate I booked on the internet- top marks to reception staff!
Overall a very well run staff hotel with motivated staff- G8!

Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Masspecguy
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I stayed at the hotel as a family get-away. We loved it. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The kids loved the pool area, which had plenty of room for mom and dads to sit and relax. We are looking forward to doing it again!

Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank mansfieldmom817
Reviewed 17 December 2008

I stayed at this property to attend an all day seminar with my company. From check in to check out the stay was nearly perfect. The hotel is in great shape and my room was very clean and well stocked. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome.
We had a dinner on the night we arrived with our group in a ballroom and the food and service were fantastic. The meeting the next day was more of the same and I can tell you if I ever have a meeting to plan I will be calling this hotel. My son's hockey team has a tournament in March 20 minutes from this hotel and I will be calling the coach to tell him where to get a block of rooms for the team.
PS. Loved the warm cookie when I checked in!

Reviewed 16 December 2008

I had an early business meeting in Milford MA. Since I live 3.5 hours away, my company paid for two rooms (one for myself and my one for my coworker) at the Doubletree. I had no say in which hotel was chosen, so all I could do was read the less than stellar reviews and hope for the best.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. It is true there was some construction in the front door area, but we were still able to enter through the front. We arrived very late, but had no problems checking in. The lobby was very nice, as well as the decoration.

The interior hallways upstairs were average. There was a slight musty smell on my floor (3rd floor). My room was rather far from the elevator, but nothing terrible.

My room was exceptionally clean and large. It had 2 queen sized beds, a desk and chair, and a lounge sofa chair, as well as a flat screen LCD TV. The bathroom was simple and clean as well, with plenty of towels and face creams/lotion/shampoo. The HVAC unit in the room was aged, but it was controlled by a new thermostat. I did not have any issues with the temperature of the room, even though it was freezing outside and there was a huge window in the room. The bed was average in terms of comfort. A little too firm for me but that really depends on your taste.

I only spent one night here, but I could have easily stayed some more. One good thing about the hotel was they had one of their eating locations open late (until 11pm or so if I remember correctly). There was also a bar on site, and through our corporate rate we also received complimentary buffet breakfast the next morning, which was very tasty.

Pros:

nice, clean, close to many business locations in Milford

Cons:

none really

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2008

When we got there, the front of the place was under construction. So we had to walk from the back side of the lot with bags instead of dropping them out front. As we checked in, I gave them my license and credit card. I was told that everything was all set. 3 weeks prior to our arrival, I checked to make sure the room was DEFINITELY paid for and I was told yes. We were given warm cookies and directed to our room. The hotel itself wasn't bad. The rooms were clean...other then the HUGE stain on the sheets that didn't look like they had been changed. The white stains all over the rug. The dirt in the shower... and so on. At 6 am we got our receipt under the door. Everything was all set. I go to drop my keys off and im told that they only thing they needed was a payment. We had been given the WRONG rate to start off with which didn't please me. That was supposed to be taken care of. The money had been taken out of our account 3 weeks ago and they wanted to charge again? I couldn't believe it. So I wrote a check. Even though we were GIVEN a receipt saying we paid, they had no problem changing that to charge us again. I think the next Christmas party we have to go to there, we're better off staying down the road. Never again would I stay here or tell my friends or family about it. Talk about a need for new management.

2  Thank aehktj126
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Booked a "free night stay" at the Doubletree with Hilton Points.
Arrived and the desk clerk, who was very pleasant, checked us in promptly and gave us nice warm cookies. I had requested a high floor away from elevator and ice machine and we were given just what we asked for.

Room was very clean and so were the bathrooms.
We had breakfast in the dining room and they offered a buffet breakfast. My husband had the buffet, but all I wanted was a bagel and coffee. They did not charge for my food at all, which doesn't happen a most hotels.

They get a "A" rating from me.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford? Share your experiences!