“No frills, but more than I expected”
Review of Milford Inn

Milford Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milford
rural hinterland
“No frills, but more than I expected”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Albgardis' husband writes:

I came here on a business trip with a co-worker a few days after a storm had bothered the area, and we learned that in MA people can get insurance-paid hotel rooms after a certain amount of days without electricity. That was why every hotel was full, and we had to take what we could get that night. We would normally not have chosen this hotel.

Strangely enough, though, they got the basics right! It is only a basic level hotel, but that was done right, I mean. No frills at all, but more than I expected.

My room seemed relatively large, there was a refrigerator near to my bed that gurgled all night. The In-Room Coffemaker could make 4 cups instead of one.

The bed was pretty large and comfortable to sleep in. Other reviewers have mentioned an issue with cleanliness, but I have not noticed anything dirty. Bathroom (tub shower combination) was clean also.

Good water pressure, but the fan could not get all the moisture out of the bath room from the shower. That made shaving tricky, as the one single mirror on the wall got steamy and I had to keep wiping it off. There was no shaving mirror, just that one regular mirror in the bath room.

I didn't use the Flat sceen TV at all, so I don't know what channels would have been available there.

Lighting in room was not very bright, reading a book would not have been easy had I wanted to.

In one corner of the room there was a wardrobe for hanging your clothes in. There was no closet.

Breakfast was free, nice! We had scrambled eggs, rolls, bagels, chilled yogurt, fresh fruit (bananas and apples), bread for making toast, and a do-it-yourself waffle maker. All in a nice walk down row, buffet style.

The eating area was seating about 30 people maybe, and the TV was on. It was nice. We ate there about 6.45 am, and we were not crowded, only one other table was occupied.

Front desk was friendly and flirty. Gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant in the area (Prezo).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Albgardis T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Wife and I stayed here July 20, 2011 and not my first stay at a Comfort Inn
King bed with kitchen, but was a room with a small dorm room fridge and microwave sitting on top of it - beside the bed.
**Used towel was hanging on back of bathroom door
**Hallways smell bad,, but room smelled fine
**Elevator dirt and needs a good cleaning
Noisy street so get a room to the back
Breakfast was ok, but Dunkins Donuts at south end of the street is a better choice

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not Face the street
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RnMReiter

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Booked a room with two Queen beds and hotel only has double beds. No options provided by front desk.
Breakfast area not maned and most items were empty. Did find someone to refill coffee pot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank spang1030
Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night. It was not my first choice but all other hotels in the area were booked so decided to give it a try. Although the room was small, at first glance it appeared to be fine...until I turned down the bed to discover no top sheet. Called to request a sheet and was told it would be waiting for me at the front desk. I kindly suggested that they should bring it up to me which they did, but no offer to help me so I remade the bed myself. Next morning I got ready to take a shower - the bathtub was dirty. Someone had clearly cleaned out their razor dumping the contents in the soap dish along with the razor cover. Water was only one temp no matter how I turned the handle. Was traveling with a colleague who complained that their bathtub was dirty also.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank gpsgirl
Vancouver, was
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Breakfast room was always filthy. Tables always needed cleaning, chairs have food stains. They don't even have oatmeal. The mini fridge in the breakfast room was warm and all the food was warm. No hot food served. More expensive than H Inn across the street and half the quality. The wireless was crappy. Couldn't connect half the time and when you do, it's slow as molasses. No fridge or microwave in my room. Crappy old tube tv. And they sensor which channels you can get. Only Fox news is allowed. No CNN no MTV, no MSNBC, all right wing only.
The only thing good was that the heater was quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Tripster50_10
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My "non smoking" room was on the same floor as smoking rooms. I could smell second hand smoke in the hallway and it filtered into my room making for a disappointing stay, to say the least. I didn't think that MA had hotels with smoking rooms any longer and I will not stay in a hotel that has smoking rooms. Other than smoke, the room was clean and comfortable. Too bad.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank fishduke
Concord
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Stayed at the Comfort (12-3-09) for a business appointment on Friday morning. The electronic key machine wasn't working so the desk clerk had to let us in the room door, the wifi wasn't working and she didn't know what to do and as a Choice Privilege member I wasn't upgraded per policy. The room was small, but extremely clean. The breakfast was a bit weak.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank DM155
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Milford Inn? Share your experiences!