“Clean rooms, friendly staff...bizarre layout.”

Courtyard Boston Milford
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Boston
“Clean rooms, friendly staff...bizarre layout.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

My parents just finished their stay at Courtyard by Marriott in Milford. It's a great location, very close to the highway. The room was clean and all the staff were very nice. The center courtyard is beautiful and the pool is nice as well. The only con for them was the layout of the room, which included a king size bed and a pull out couch...VERY cramped! The decor is very nice and it's clearly been updated recently...maybe just too much furniture in the room? Also, it's a bit of a confusing layout with somewhat long and winding walks to get from one end to the other. Not a great match for us.

• Stayed June 2013
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
We are delighted to hear your parents enjoyed their recent stay in Milford! We appreciate your feedback in regards to the hotel layout of the guest room and Courtyard. You are correct we have recently updated the rooms and put a great Bistro attached to our lobby which serves a fantastic breakfast and dinner. We hope that travels allow us another opportunity to host a stay with us, thank you very much for your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The interior of this hotel reminds me of my hotel stays in The Netherlands - contemporary European lighting and color schemes.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They made sure I got a discounted rate since I was visiting a local company who had clients who frequently stayed there.
The rooms were clean but on the small side. Like European hotels, they don't have a true closet but an armoire.
The food and service in the restaurant were excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and THANK YOU for the great review! We appreciate your business and the kind words on the staff service too. Hope travels bring you back soon for another opportunity to host a stay with us.
Beaconsfield, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were two couples travelling from Virginia to Montreal via Boston. We did not want to arrive in Boston late in the day and pay Boston hotel prices for the night, so we stopped at Milford, about an hour outside Boston. We paid $105+ tax which is at least $50 a room less than Boston.
The Courtyard layout is standard and is kept at a high standard for both rooms and public areas. The staff at Milford were very helpful in recommending restaurants and the breakfast at approx, $ 10.00 was well prepared.
We checked out and were able to leave our luggage in our hotel in Boston by 11.00am. that gave us a whole day to explore.

Room Tip: We had rooms facing the inner courtyard area and were very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for stopping in on your way to Montreal! We are glad you did and hope you are able to stop in on your way back. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We just concluded a stay at this hotel for 3 nights. We requested a top floor and got it. The room was in excellent condition. The bathroom was obviously recently renovated and was in pristine shape. Nothing is worse than black mold on a hotel bathtub or tiles. None here !!!! The furniture and TV were recently renewed. The beds were absolutely wonderfully comfortable. We had a room with two full-size beds.
We did not partake of the hotel meals and won't comment either way. The hotel was hosting a slew of teenagers (soccer teams) and they managed to keep them occupied or otherwise quiet. Sometimes these groups get really rowdy but I must say that hotel management kept on top of things.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter. The west facing outside rooms will have traffic noise from F...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris W
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for the excellent review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay! I give a LOT of credit to the parents of the soccor groups that stayed with us, they along with the measures we put in place really can dictate a whole experience for all our guests and we are thrilled you enjoyed yours! We hope travels bring you back and we have another chance to host your stay, thanks again for the excellent comments on your stay with us!
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed in Milford as I was in town for a family function and really wasn't sure where to stay. I picked the Marriott based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. It really was a nice place to stay, my room was clean and the decor was nice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was here for 3 nights and the only complaint I have was that it was noisy at night. The walls are a little thin and I could hear everything from people getting ice, talking, tv next door, and the alarm clock that someone couldn't work and it went off every 5 minutes from 4 a.m. - 5 a.m. It was a little tough as I had to be up early everyday I was in town and I got very little sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
THANK YOU for the great comments on the staff service and cleanliness! I'm sorry to hear about the noise from from the alarm clock and surroundings during your stay we understand the importance of a great nights rest, especially when getting ready for a long day at work.

It was great to hear you picked us because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor, we just found out we are now listed in the top 10% Worldwide for outstanding reviews and can tell you we take great pride in keeping that status!

I and the staff from the Milford Courtyard truly appreciate your feedback and business and look forward to your next trip to Milford with us. If I can be of any personal assistance to make your stay a great one please feel free to contact me and again thanks for the great review!

Joey - GM
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We are actually staying at this hotel right now and before we leave I wanted to make sure I wrote this. From the moment we arrived the hospitality was amazing!!!! We got a suite on the 4th floor which was so unexpected and perfect for my family if four. Room and hotel was extremely clean. Theresa at front desk and Brooke are just the best. Pool was alot of fun. Outdoor court yard was a nice touch and the bistro was yummy and who doesnt love starbucks!!!! Yes we will be returning soon and will also tell everyone about this place. Cant wait to go to the Southwick Zoo tomorrow :))))

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rachael M
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Brooke and Theresa are Rock Stars who really enjoy taking care of our customers and will be so excited to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade with your family! We were glad to see you take advantage of the Southwick Zoo Package Special, what a great venue I have enjoyed it myself with my family and we hope you and your family had a great time! Pet any deer on the deer trail? We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to Milford. THANK YOU for the INCREDIBLE review!
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I was recently in town on business and spent a week at this lovely hotel. On check in the staff was very helpful, offered some additional coupons and told me of the latest specials at the hotel. The room was very nice and spacious with a view into the courtyard. I realized I forgot a few items and it is very close to shopping for any essentials you may need plus a call to the front desk also proved helpful. Each day the room was cleaned and only things are changed if you ask leaving a great "green" component to the guest. I asked for some additional sugar packets as I drink tea and they were more than generous leaving quite a few- thank you! I hope to come back on my next visit to our office and appreciated the home away from home.

Stayed April 2013
Joey T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Milford, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you VERY much for the great review! I was excited to hear as my team will be that we will be your Home away from Home, we are grateful for the opportunity to make your next stay with us as good if not better than your last stay! Some new specials are coming out the beginning of May in the Bistro, we'll be glad to get you some more coupons so you can try them out....

Thanks again for the great review, we look forward to your next visit to Mlford and I hpe to get the opprotunity to meet you and be able thank you in person.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Milford Inn
Milford Inn
#6 of 6 in Milford
Residence Inn Boston Franklin

Been to Courtyard Boston Milford? Share your experiences!