“Sensational service in every respect!”

Courtyard Boston Natick
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Natick
“Sensational service in every respect!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family (me, hubby and teen daughters) stayed here initially for 3 nights whilst visiting an elderly relative nearby. Well - we enjoyed our stay so much we cancelled another hotel booked closer to Boston for the remainder of our time and extended our time at Courtyard. We were picked up from the Logan Express bus stop and driven straight to the hotel (we later found the courtesy shuttle was available for transport within a 2 mile radius of the hotel for free!!). Richard at reception was just lovely and our room perfect. We use the shuttle to get to West Natick rail station which provided a 40 minute scenic trip into Boston - perfect for sightseeing - and my husband even used it to get to the movies nearby! We had many positive dealings with both Richard and Mary who both went out of their way to make our stay so enjoyable - they felt like family by the time we left. There is free wifi and a restaurant/bar on site.

1 Thank MargieMB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Iowa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The recent remodel of the public areas was not to our liking. The historic ship pictures, which had been a special delight of our previous stays at this property, had been taken away, replaced with a few snapshot-quality photographs. The appearance of the public areas is now “generic-modern,” which no longer qualifies for our special interest in this specific hotel. The use of the pool for physical therapy at 7:30 am was delayed every morning by the late arrival of the pool attendant. In short, for us this was a down-grading of a once-pleasant hotel.

Room Tip: Away from ice, vending, elevator, laundry
1 Thank Anon-I-Muss
Frank D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Natick, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our lobby renovation. I am sorry the new lobby and Bistro area were not to your liking. We have received many favorable comments on the lobby and all the new technology it has to offer.

Frank
Silver Spring, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently stayed as part of a large party in town for a wedding. A block of rooms had been reserved 6 months in advance for very reasonable rates, and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable despite a wide range of special needs.

We were traveling with elderly grandparents with walkers, and we were able to reserve a room with a handicap shower on the ground floor. The refrigerator required them to bend over, which was dangerous, so the staff came in and repositioned the refrigerator on top of the cabinet instead. We requested microwaves in two of our rooms, and those were promptly brought to us.

We were able to rent for a reasonable fee a small banquet room so that we could have family meals for the extended family in a comfortable setting. The hotel allowed us to bring in our own food for this, not catered by the hotel, and yet allowed us to store the food in the big hotel refrigerators. Our party often spread across the lobby and beyond into the terrace, and sometimes we brought out food and snacks, and nobody complained.

The location next to the Natick Mall was so practical for everything from last minute hair styling for the wedding to picking up studs for tuxedo shirts, literally on the way to the wedding venue.

The hotel van shuttled people to and from the Logan Express terminal at no charge, whatever we requested was accommodated cheerfully. I really can't say enough about the positive interaction with all of the staff. I would recommend anybody who is looking for a place to send wedding guests in the Natick-Framingham-Wellesly area to consider reserving a block of rooms here at the Marriott.

I do agree about the slow elevator, but once I learned about the second elevator, I stopped caring. Also, while the swimming pool is very nice, and I did use it, the hours of accessibility are short and a staff person has to be on site whenever somebody is swimming, which is awkward. Hardly important when everything else was so perfect.

Room Tip: low floors lets you avoid the elevator, and low numbers puts you on the wing with the faster second...
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here our last night when moving out of the Cambridge area. There's plenty of parking, and the room itself is nice. The elevators are incredibly slow though, if you can get a room on a lower floor or one with access to the other elevator (near the further parking lot), I would recommend that. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a spa room for my anniversary and unfortunately that room became double booked. I was upgraded to a full suite and had an excellent time. The Marriott was more than accommodating to my needs and I will definitely be a return visitor. Only negative comment is the pool gets very loud when youth soccer and baseball teams stay over so it would have been nice if the lifeguard on duty could have monitored the noise level.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked this hotel because it was a good price and I was expecting nothing more than a clean room. I was surprised to come into a newly renovated hotel that was really a pleasure to stay in. The room was clean and updated. The bed was *so* comfortable. The food was a real surprise. Fresh breakfast and dinner are offered. Including fresh fruits, veggies, and salad. So many healthy options. I look forward to returning the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having stayed at least once a month in this hotel for the past 2 and 1/2 years, I was very disappointed to see what has resulted from the renovations. After 5 months of construction, they have delivered a worse product. The little things like hot coffee and tea at all times of the day has been replaced by a Starbucks. (They even took the coffee pots out of the rooms, and left the coffee makers as a bit of insult to injury). Other little things like a cool popcorn maker for the kids at night in the lobby are also gone. The worst offense was taking away the tasty and affordable brunch in the mornings. There was a nice selection of eggs and pancakes and waffles and fruit, and the service was excellent and the price was reasonable. Now, the table service is gone, as are the former staff members who were so kind to my daughter and I every single time we stayed :( NOW, its $4 for bagel in a cardboard carrier to go with the $4 latte. Which you can cart around yourself. Lastly, the rates have increased significantly, making this last stay, likely our last. The pool and location is nice, but its lost something, and is no longer worth the rising costs for me and my daughter. Lastly, the lifeguard is a great guy, we'll miss you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rtcooney
Frank D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Natick, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Marriott Courtyard Boston/Natick. I am sorry you did not like the new Bistro concept featuring Starbucks coffee, it has been very well received by the majority our guests during it's first month of operation. Almost all Courtyards will have this concept by the end of 2014. We also replaced all our coffee pots with new one cup drip coffee makers, which have made for a nice change to our vanity area. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show how well the new concept is working.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Courtyard Boston Natick? Share your experiences!