“I'm sorry, but I can't recommend this hotel.”

Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Reviewed 21 December 2006

I was here four nights on a business trip.

Being right next to Owen O'Leary's is a point in its favor, and at least I could open the window in my room for a little fresh air. But everything else could have been better.

The walls of my room were so thin that I could clearly hear entire conversations the occupants of the next room were having with one another and on the phone -- and other noises. It was embarassing. When they moved on their bed, my headboard rocked. The doors must have been thin too, because I must have heard every single time someone else closed a door in the hallway -- from 4.30 a.m. onwards.

On two of the nights I was there, cigarette smoke was leaking through to my room the whole evening, and I soon figured out it was from the next room -- this was on a non-smoking corridor. I mentioned this to the front desk on the first night and they said they'd get an ozone machine. It never appeared. On the second night I mentioned it again and they said they couldn't do anything except move me to another room -- at 1030 at night? No thanks. (Luckily the guy must have left, as it got better after that.)

The tub wouldn't drain -- they did fix that. The sink was the opposite: the water wouldn't stay in. They said they'd fixed that too, but the only evidence was a note from the handyman and some grimy marks around the sink -- the problem was still the same.

I couldn't switch off the heating, and the Internet connectivity kept dropping out.

Finally, I had asked if they could collect me with the courtesy bus on arrival -- well, it was a little outside their radius, so I was disappointed, but not too surprised, when they said "no". But on departure I asked if we could specify a time at which the bus could
take me to a client, so I could grab some breakfast while I was waiting -- apparently this wasn't possible. I had to wait until I was completely ready before I could request the bus, at which point I might have to wait up to 15 minutes. Easier to walk, even in Framingham.

• Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank Fender_Jazz

Reviewed 16 October 2006

I think this hotel offers very good value for its location. The elevators were a bit creaky, the halls a bit gloomy, but the room was very nice.

The staff was very pleasant.

My only real complaint is with the hot water, or lack there of. We arrived on a Friday night, and went to use the shower about 9:30 p.m. No hot water. Saturday morning, there was an abundance of very hot water, so I just assumed the problem was over. Saturday night, 9:30. . . .no hot water. I don't know what the story was, we were too tired to hassle with it.

Overall, a good location, nice staff, good price, property overall could use a bit of redecorating and a plumbing tune-up.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donomom
Reviewed 3 October 2006

I stayed here for two days in late August, 2006. Simply: it could not have been better. I booked through the corporate website and they communicated all of my preferences exactly. The room was perfect, down to the last detail, and it was spacious with a capital "S." We had a bit of trouble accessing the internet on their free wi-fi, but tech support was quick to respond. We were up and running soon after, thanks to their patience and knowledge. Breakfast was great: So many choices and such a lovely area in which to enjoy it! In addition, the take-away breakfast-on-the-run bags are brilliant. The well-stocked coffee and tea service cart available all day was a special treat. While we're on the subject of treats: yea for afternoon cookies! There is a nice brew pub on premises that offers excellent food at surprisingly low prices (it IS a hotel near Boston afterall). I will be returning and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Liisa W
Reviewed 25 November 2005

hi I Stayed here Over the Thanksgiving holiday for 2 nights i found the Hotel EXTREMLY clean it is less than A mile from the Natick Mall they have A Nice breakfest the Hotel is Very Quiet the Only Drawback i found is that the Front Desk Staff was NOT Very Friendly ! other than that all was well !

Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank tiggerstripe
A TripAdvisor Member
Maine
Reviewed 3 October 2005

We intended to stay at this hotel for 2 nights, as we were there for a conference. I got locked out of the room the next morning as the latch apparently slid over when I left the room. After waiting for 45 minutes for the maintenance man to return, I was told by him that it was my fault and I should pay more attention when I left the room. (This after I sat in the hallway patiently for most of an hour.) He then stepped toward me and got confrontational and said that it was not his fault that he was stuck inline at the convenience store for half an hour....???? The manager was friendly and the housekeepers witnessed the incident.

I would not stay anywhere that such a maintenance staff existed. Besides, the hallways and rooms are not very clean.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2004

We chose the Hampton Inn in Natick to use HHonors points and received 3 free nights. While initially disappointed because the pool had been converted into a breakfast area, we were sad to leave the hotel after 3 days because of the great service we received. Trisha, the nightime front desk associate welcomed us upon checkin and answered our questions each evening when we returned from our days activity. The day front desk man (didn't get his name) was equally helpful and gave suggestions while remembering what we did the day before and always inquiring about how our previous day's activities were. The manager was present each day at breakfast and he too took an interest in our family and seemed genuinely interested in how our stay was and how we were enjoying the area. Overall the facility was pleasant and comfortable, but the service provided by these three people is enough to make me highly recommend this property. Bravo Hampton Inn Natick and thanks for making us feel at home away from home!!

5  Thank 71benjamino
Reviewed 23 April 2004

I will always love this place because after arriving in Boston without a reservation, finding that conventions had filled every hotel, I dragged in here at midnight with a small child after being turned away at many hotels. The desk clerk arranged to give me a handicapped room that they usually do not use and I was very grateful. I have stayed here about five times since then and have been pleased. If it is not rush hour, it is not a long drive to Boston. It is clean, has an attractive lobby, convenient and ample free parking, and is located across the street from a large mall. The exercise room is in good shape. I have never used the pool. Best of all, the price this year is $30 less than last year!

4  Thank KATHY B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Natick? Share your experiences!