“Great experience for the whole family”
Review of Lookout Farm

Lookout Farm
Ranked #5 of 21 things to do in Natick
More attraction details
Owner description: Belkin Family Lookout Farm is a fun place to visit and is one of the oldest continuously working farms in the U.S. Ride the train and pick your own fruit from mid-summer through the fall - peaches, apples, Asian pears. From May - Oct, families can also enjoy the Children's Play Area, moonbounce, caterpillar rides and more. Weekends include live children's entertainment, face painting and other fun things. Petting zoo and camel rides are available Sept - Oct.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I took our 3 year old son Lookout Farm last weekend and we all had a blast! My 3 year old has a short attention span and I wanted to take him to a place that offered more than just picking fruit. He absolutely LOVED the play area! It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We spent the entire day there and tears were shed when we had to leave. We will definitely be back next year!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you want to go to a gigantic PYO farm, don't go to this one. They charge an expensive admission with no break on cost of fruit bags, the train-shaped-tractor is pretty lame, and the kids area is not worth the admission. I went here because it's slightly closer than Stow or Ipswich, but it really wasn't worth it for me. The quality of apples is terrible, and while the grapevine arbors are adorable, the stink of the dropping fruit makes it unpleasant. Their store stocks the same sort of apple-related items you would see at a major grocery store. Why even bother?

When I visited, the train operator didn't speak a word of english and drove pretty fast.

5  Thank 957ce
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

First of all, they charge an inflated admission fee. It cost me nearly $80 for me + 2 kids (ages 3&5) just to walk into this place, and that's because I bought a small bag for apples. The train ride was OK, the children's play area was OK. The apples were TERRIBLE!!!! Thank god I didn't splurge for the big bag of apples!! We forced ourselves to eat the apples even though they were awful because we'd paid so much for them. You can get MUCH better apples at your local supermarket at a fraction of te price! Don't waste your time and money here, it's a complete rip off.

4  Thank suburbanfolk
Reviewed 3 October 2013

How many orchards charge an "admission fee"? $14 per adult just to walk through the door and even the price per pound is WAY more than what other nearby orchards charge, not to mention the fact that most other orchards do not charge any admission fee.

To add insult to injury, the selection and quality of fruit is by far the worst I have ever seen. Lots of rotted apples and other fruit scattered throughout the site, maybe that's why they make you take the kiddie choo choo train rather than allow you to walk freely through the grounds.

And even their lame "kiddie activities" can't justify their outrageous prices.

The Belkin family who owns this pathetic place are no doubt swimming in cash as this place is about pure greed, pure and simple.

7  Thank eagle1676
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Let me tell you why I one star rating: I went on 9/28/13
1. Cost. You have to pay 14.00 adult and 12.00 child then pay for size bag of apples. The bag I picked was the largest one that cost 19.00 So I paid 60 bucks!
2. Waiting in line for the train. When the train pulled up to board the guy letting people on told us to MOVE IT! I got very curt answers from the staff I asked questions.
3. Their wed site said Cortland apple were available. Not true. That's the reason I went.
4. The train makes several stops and you get off to pick apples. Well we had to walk a very long way down the orchards because the trees were picked dry. I am retired and have some health issues so I could not walk that far. my kids and grandkids said it was a very long walk before they found fruit.
5. The play area was just OK. Still not worth the price.
Me and my family will not return to this place.

4  Thank nelou1

Been to Lookout Farm? Share your experiences!