“A common guest”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Sarasota, Florida
“A common guest”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Yes, the rooms are recently updated, modern and are actually great but the experience is abysmal at times. The first floor is a mix of a construction zone, 1986 Golden Girls bland and a 1976 discotek. My wife and I stay here often, weekly in fact. But during the renovation it has proven to be difficult to the point of frustrating. Parking is amiss during the events they hold, there is nowhere to leave your car. The shuttle service is lost and the vehicles are clearly experiencing some deferred maintenance. The front desk is confused when busy. I had a brief and very professional excellent experience with Matthew at the desk for several weeks who has seems to have unfortunately disappeared. I've spoken to Michael the General Manager several times and never had the satisfaction that he could do anything to make anyone happy. Forget room service, it will arrive the following evening and without silverware. .
I'm sure this will eventually become a great property once the jack-hammering stops. My advice is to quiet the experience, There has to be a more discrete way to renovate a building. And return Matthew or someone like him. My wife and I really enjoyed him at the desk and his simple professional, humor and great recommendations on where to go in the area and all the help he would easily provide. . His professionalism and dedication to guests was unsurpassed while the regular desk agents seem to be anywhere between ill-regarding and uninformed even to the point that we had been checked into occupied rooms. It's a lost property and I guess we'll have to wait to see what the end result it.

Room Tip: Maybe another hotel until the sort out this property.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim W
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your comments, my name is Steve Contes and I am the General Manager of the hotel. The renovations of the hotel are reaching their end and we will be fully operational by January. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience; my direct line is 508-416-1397. Also I will share your kind remarks to Matthew he is a great example of delivering exceptional customer service.
Respectfully

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have to agree with hallen_921on the food as I was at the same wedding. The front desk staff was very accommodating and the rooms were beautiful. But the wedding reception service was very slow and not very well coordinated. The wedding was at 4:30 p.m. in the same town and was over by 5 p.m. My husband and I got back to the hotel at 5:15 and walked down to the reception about 6 p.m. The banquet staff were serving hors d'oeuvres in the entrance hall instead of letting us into the banquet room. After an hour in the hall, they finally let us into the room. We were served our appetizer about 45 minutes later. We were served our meal at 8:30 p.m. which was ridiculous. Then instead of clearing each table as they finished, they waited until the entire 185 people were done before clearing any tables. I worked in this industry for 18 years and was appalled by the inexperience of the banquet servers. Yes, there was another wedding reception at the same time, but the banquet coordinator should have made better arrangements in that case or schedule only one reception at a time. The price of the wine and beer was very expensive-$9 for a glass of house wine and $6 for bottle beer. I am not from the area, but a gentleman at the wedding mentioned that he could go into the city of Boston and pay less. I would like to mention that Ann the night banquet coordinator was extremely helpful in finding the bride's veil and I was told that Sherry the day coordinator had placed it in the honeymoon suite not realizing that the veil was the borrowed part of the wedding attire. Ann went out of her way to return the veil to me. All in all, I would recommend the rooms, but would never have a reception at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you smoke request ground floor patio room, so you can step out the back and smoke on patio.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelly G
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments. All of us at the Crowne Plaza value your time and will work hard to ensure that similar situation won't happen in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding that my children (ages 4 and 7) and husband were part of. I was told by the bride that the hotel would accomodate my children's food allergies (milk, egg and nut) during the wedding reception. I had asked to bring food in to be prepared in the kitchen and was told it was OK. When I had contacted the front desk an hour prior to arrival, I was told that I could keep my food in the hotels main freezer since the one in our room was too small. I was contacted by the wedding coordinator at the hotel who told me that they did not know if they could accomodate. I was then contacted by another "coordinator" who told me there was no way that they would cook food for my children. I was extremely upset especially since my children were the flower girls in the their uncles wedding. Also, the room my inlaws were staying in had a terrible leak that filled the bathroom floor during the night. The hotel was under renovations that were supposed to be completed by the time of the wedding and were not. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank hallen_921
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations regarding your recent stay. We will use this as a guide in improving our guest experience and look for an opportunity to serve you in the future.
New York
Reviewed 7 November 2011

During a recent power outage we stayed here. Despite the huge demand the hotel, unlike many in the area, did not raise their prices. We got a beautiful room for a very reasonable price. The room was top notch and had all the amenities. The only complaint was that housekeeping could do a better job dusting. But the room itself was very clean. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoriNY
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Dear Value Guest,

Crowne Plaza is committed to provide an exceptional service to all of our guests no matter of the circumstances. We understand that during the difficult times such as power outages, our customers have no choice but to find a home away from home. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serve you in the future.
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This place is in the midst of a major renovation. During that, the word "no" is what comes to mind. No bar, no restaurant, no little store, are just a few examples. But the staff is nice and it seems to be doing a good business. The rooms have almost all been rehabbed and are very nice, if you allow for the rehab being done pretty much in what is called "contractor grade" materials. The beds are fine, with luxury feeling sheets and comforters. There is a small snack bar with, like, one brand if chocolate bar, and that is basic Hershey's. They do have coffee and muffins and bagels, etc. Peeking illegally into the construction area, I would say that they have a ways to go, weeks if not months. One nice aspect is that they are using an upper floor as a stand by bar, but just tables, and, absolutely inexplicably, the view has been blocked by coating the windows to a height of about four feet with an opaque material. Sit at most tables, and you see nothing. Bizarre decision. There is one room, where the bar is, without that blocking material. Hats off the the staff - they are trying hard in the midst of a really injured hotel. I'm sure it is all finances, but when one is doing this much rehab of major areas, perhaps the better view would be to close the place and just do it. When it is all done, I'd come back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank johnH1892DD
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced during your recent stay. We are pleased to say that our renovation process is almost completed and the new restaurant and lounge will be available to our guests shortly. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and is is consistently clean, the service is good. They are in the middle of a remodel, so the resturant is under construction but offer food & drinks on the 7th floor. Beds are very comfortable, I will be back.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the 7th floor while they are under construction... they moved the bar/resturant to this...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our renovation is almost completed and we are excited to have our new outlets available to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2011

To all the staff at the Crowne Plaza - Thank you for making my daughter's wedding the happiest day of her life. My daughter's wedding was held at the Crowne Plaza in Natick and while I normally would not write a reveiw I have to in this case. The banquet manager promised a day she would never forget and she delivered! The service was fantastic, the food amazing, the rooms were immaculate - I just can not say enough how happy we are that we chose this venue.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize all the efforts that our staff has put into making your daughter's even successful. We thank you for your positive comments and look forward to host your future events.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!