“Family Friendly With Quality Pizza For All”
Review of Stone Hearth Pizza - CLOSED

Stone Hearth Pizza
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Family Pizzeria restaurant in the heart of Needham, MA. Focusing in Local produce, hormone free meats. Craft beer and hand selected wines. Gluten free menu available.
Needham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Friendly With Quality Pizza For All”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A great go-to when the whole crew is in tow. Pizzas are always good...some salads and apps rank higher than others...all in all a good value.

Visited February 2014

Newton, Massachusetts
“Great food overwhelmed by horror show of service”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have dined a few times in the past but due to poor experiences, often don't return for several weeks and or months. Having purchased a Groupon deal, we decided to go this evening. We arrived at 6:20 pm. I was met by a host who was doing his best to manage a growing list of people waiting for tables.

Problem #1 - Your host had sat one large party (8 - 10) without all of the party present and then sat a second part of three while I was waiting for my table for a party of three. This table was never complete until after we had sat at our table. On a busy Saturday evening when there is a wait, it is unacceptable to be seating incomplete parties. However, he was very precise on the wait and it was actually the promised 20 minutes.

After having sat and reviewed our menus, we waited and waited and waited.

Problem #2 - After 20 minutes, we finally hailed the host and asked for our server. She was then sent over. This would be a continual problem during our entire service.

We placed our order: one salad appetizer, a stromboli, a small pizza and an order of gnocchi. We then waited…

Problem #3 - After another 15 minute wait after placing our order, I hailed the server and asked about our salad. She looked confused and asked, "They have not brought it out?" First, if I am asking for it, no, they have not. Second, the server was staring at the table…no salad present.

She quickly returned with the salad and then said she would be right back with plates. She returned with small plates.

Problem #4 - While I appreciate that you use a very strong dishwasher, the plates she brought to the table for a Mixed Green salad, a cold salad, were actually too hot for me to handle. Completely unsatisfactory for a cold salad. We set them aside.

After we finished the salad, we waited further.

Problem #5 - When the table that had been seated within the same window (approximately 2 minutes or so) as us but had been attended to by a different server, got up as they had completed their meal (a large pizza split amongst two adults and three children), the "mom" of the group commented, "Wow, you are really getting slow service, aren't you?" When other customers are noting how slow the service is, it is truly bad.

We were served all of our meals together and, we had to note, it is just upsetting that they were so GOOD. I say that because it is really too bad that we will NOT frequent your establishment again, thus missing out on your fine food. We finished eating our meals, after having had the server check in on us once just after the food was served. Again, we waited.

Problem #6 - I finally had to hail the host again as not only had the server not returned, but I couldn't see her. The restaurant is not that large…she should be able to see us and that we are done eating and I should be able to see her.

I presented the host with my Groupon coupon and asked for a box for the remainder of my pizza and a container for the remainder of my daughter's gnocchi. The server quickly returned with the bill, properly tallied and, while we had to wait a moment for the "to go" containers, they did arrive. I never have tipped as poorly as I did tonight but I only gave this server a $1.50 on a bill that was $47.30 before the $30 Groupon. I also noted at the top of my check that we will not return.

• Visited January 2014
“Very sad at the turn events”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

One of our families favorites restaurants because of their social commitment to sustaining food and their choice in fine ingredients - however I am not sure we will ever return. The waitress was aware this was a birthday dinner for my husband and made a joke about it, but the entire experience was not a celebration. We had 4 adults and two children. The adults meals came out 15 minutes before the kids - we had to go ask for their meals - by the time the childrens food arrived our food was cold. The manager came over and I told him my sauce was ice cold and he mentioned he could heat it up - after 10 minutes ( no he did not walk over a ladle a new cup of hot sauce) my husband needed to find the waitress to ask for my sauce to reheat - by the time we saw her all our food was ice cold and she offered to remake our meals. sitting and waiting - drinks empty - the waitress comped the cold meals - but when we received the new meals the food was not cooked - the kids meals desserts were forgotten - we were not asked for coffee or dessert and it was a birthday celebration. The poor waitress apologized to two other tables for their problems. The manager was not equipped to handle the customer service end of this and instead we were ignored - needed to ask for the check. Very disappointed - used to love this restaurant. The guests we had had never visited this establishment and will not in the future.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 52304
“Pizza for every persuasion”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Have eaten here a variety of times - friends, family, business. Each time is not only pleasant but delicious. When I was Gluten Free, they were most accommodating; their menu is clear and helpful. I am still Lactose Free and bring my own 'substitute cheese' made of rice. The staff actually told me to give them my 'cheese' and they'd make sure that the Pizza arrived covered with my melted cheese. That is very generous of them; some restaurants have refused to honor my request. Here they actually Offered - good for them. Their multigrain and whole wheat crusts are delicious and nutritious. Ingredients are always fresh and tasty. So glad that this restaurant chain opened a branch in Needham.

• Visited October 2013
Foxboro, Massachusetts
“Absolutely the best pizza in the world”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This is my absolute favorite pizza restaurant in the entire world!!
It is all organic and fresh!
They will never disappoint you!!
I luckily work in front of them so I get to go often and very tom there is fresh organic ingredients and local food.
Highly highly recommended!!