“'Exceptional'” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edison, New Jersey
“'Exceptional'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Sheraton Needham 'team' goes above and beyond the call of duty. They always display a high level of professionalism, helpfulness, and courtesy. This 'team' at the Needham Sheraton gives the Sheraton Hotel name an excellent reputation. Needless to say the newly renovated hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The only hotel that I will stay at when I'm in the Boston area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear John,

First of all thank you for your continued patronage of the hotel even while undergoing extensive renovation and I am glad you like the completely renovated product. The Sheraton Needham team enjoys taking care of you and always look forward to your next trip. See you soon.

Gurki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Good business stop. Front desk needs a little help. Reception area does it all. Checks in new guest, answers the phone difficult to balance it all. Rooms ok, nothing special, but they are clean. Short walk from garage to hotel. Tough if it rains. It is right off interstate 95.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I have a great front desk team and they do handle it all and do a great job at it. You do make a valid observation that they could use help at times when it gets busy & we are working on that. We have just hired an additional front desk associate, Kat who is a great addition to the team and have another associate joining the front desk team in a few weeks. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please so not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Friendly staff. Anne the executive assistant was great! Shuttle bus service excellent. Clean rooms. Nice excercise room and equipment. I would definately stay here again if ever on buisness in Boston. Headed down for social hour shortly.

1 Thank Loves2travel2003
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for the favorable review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,608 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed at this newly renovated hotel several times in the past year. The entire hotel was recently renovated and this has perked up the place. The indoor pool is large and nicely heated. The exercise room is adequate to the guests' needs. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant is one of the best we've ever had in a US hotel. But what we enjoy the most is the friendly attitude of the staff--they always seem eager to solve your problem, and all the while, with a smile. We will surely continue to stay here when the need arises. Excellent value for the money paid. Inquire about AAA or AARP discounts.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LWL3333
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear guest,

Being a top contributor for tipadvisor reviews with 479 reviews in 111 cities and getting such a favorable review means a lot to the Sheraton Needham team. We are definitely trying to reposition the hotel by supporting the $13 mill complete hotel renovation with exemplary, personalized service and it is great to get positive reinforcement from our guests that we are on the right track. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I'm not sure how to approach this review: the hotel is great, the staff is super competent, but the dining/bar area leaves a bit to be desired, and I hesitate about how strongly that should factor in to a review given it's a hotel - not a restaurant.

First, the good: the staff is wonderful, rooms are clean, wifi is slow-ish but comes at no charge, and there's a nice little free breakfast bar on the 5th floor with a self-serve espresso machine. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to local businesses, and the driver is super-nice.

Now the bad, though there's not much to say here: the food options here are limited (it's intended to be more of a bar with a few dishes than a full dining room). The bar/eating area is really understaffed - I come down every day while staying here on business, and during rush hour I often see 20-30 people and just 1-2 servers. This means if you don't go up to the bar yourself to request what you want, you're likely to wait a long time for food or for your bill.

Important tip: between 5pm and 8pm, the bar has a terrific deal called "Social Hour" where they serve a flight of 3 glasses of 2oz wines for 8$. Good selections, and well worth it.

Dear guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the staff and the clean/ modern accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed our Social Hour offerings as well which are truly a great value. In regards to your feedback pertaining to Cafe staffing better to peak demand especially given that the bar is in the lobby is definitely being worked on by us and I assure you an area of focus. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed at Sheraton Needham for a couple of days for business. Comfortable and clean room and friendly staff. But want to give a special shout out to Ann Engel, the person who picked me up on the shuttle bus outside its normally scheduled service. She was great and I appreciated the ride so much.

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and especially for recognizing Anne. Anne is my assistant but truly an ambassador for the hotel as she is always going out of her way to exceed guest expectations.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

We had a horrible experience in the restaurant for dinner where we waited over 10 min to even be acknowledged , and when we were it was a very unpleasant manager looking man who just handed me menus as I was walking out. I told him they looked to busy to serve us and he said nothing ! Just turned and walked away!! I've been the service/ restaurant over 25 years and this was beyond unacceptable. The other issue we had was there was a soft knock on the room door but before I could get one step toward it , in barged a man from " not sure " what dept! He apologized and left , but aren't employees supposed to announce who they are and give the guest at least a few seconds to respond??? What if I handnt been dressed!! Unfortunately we are booked for two nights and I am only on my 1st night here! Hopefully things improve.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest,

I am extremely apologetic about your experience during your stay. This is hardly the kind of experience we want our guest to leave remembering and definitely not the norm. The team takes a lot of pride in the product and service provided and I assure you that these encounters have been addressed. I would really like the opportunity to follow up in person and would appreciate it if you could provide me with your contact information. I can be reached at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gurki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Boston Marriott Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
The Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!