“Sheraton Stay - very nice”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, after reading a few of the reviews. However my son, husband and I were visitng BC and the coaching staff recommended the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised and wonder if there is someone out there trying to sabotage the hotel. The hotel had a beautiful lobby, elevators were around the corner from check-in and the staff was extremely friendly. While we were right off the highway, we did not hear any noise during our stay. The parking was closed since there were renovations going on, however guests were able to use an adjacent parking lot free of charge.

The only drawback, beds were double full beds opposed to double queens.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you along with your family enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great relationship with Boston College given our proximity to the college and that we are the football teams home during home game weekends. Hopefully you do select BC as it is a great college and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back often.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I did not love this hotel - for many reasons. I needed to navigate stairs to reach my room - not a big deal normally, except that with this trip I had luggage and about 6 FedEx boxes to carry, so it was a bit of a hardship. I had a connecting room (boo) on the ground floor (boo) and the room had so many safety features in it that it actually caused me to be concerned about safety. In all, a dated property - but, what can you do? Knock down a building every 10 years and create waste in remodeling just for our changing tastes? That is absolutely wasteful -- especially when the datedness can be offset through quality service.

Which brings me to ANNE ENGEL! Hip hip hooray for ANNE ENGEL! Here's my story -- I had FedEx boxes shipped to me in care of this hotel, and, most of the boxes arrived. One, however, did not arrive on time; and, of course, it was the one box I needed the next day. Not the hotel's fault, certainly. But even so, the hotel went out of their way to make sure I could be connected with my box, when it arrived the next day -- after I checked out.

The box did arrive the next morning. And, in all honesty, the hotel temporary lost the box for about 4 hours. So that was a tad disappointing. But, once they found it, we had made arrangements for a cab to drive the box to where I was, where I would then pay the cab driver.

Anne, the hotel shuttle bus driver, told the front desk staff that that was ridiculous -- that the hotel was responsible in part for the box being delayed in its delivery to me, and, needed to honor its role in that problem. So, she took the shuttle bus out to where my meeting was and personally delivered the box to me. This was, I'm sure, a considerable inconvenience for her, but it was greatly appreciated by me. And, frankly, if she had not done that, I don't think the box would have arrived in time for my meeting; as it was, I had about 45 minutes leeway between the box arriving, and my meeting beginning.

So - again, hip hip hooray for Anne, I say! And for the front desk staff overall!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Needham and for taking the time to provide you feedback and recognizing Anne for her guest service. Anne & the front desk team make it their goal to exceed guest expectations and it is always great to get guest feedback affirming their efforts. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Sheraton Needham 'team' goes above and beyond the call of duty. They always display a high level of professionalism, helpfulness, and courtesy. This 'team' at the Needham Sheraton gives the Sheraton Hotel name an excellent reputation. Needless to say the newly renovated hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The only hotel that I will stay at when I'm in the Boston area.

Dear John,

First of all thank you for your continued patronage of the hotel even while undergoing extensive renovation and I am glad you like the completely renovated product. The Sheraton Needham team enjoys taking care of you and always look forward to your next trip. See you soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Good business stop. Front desk needs a little help. Reception area does it all. Checks in new guest, answers the phone difficult to balance it all. Rooms ok, nothing special, but they are clean. Short walk from garage to hotel. Tough if it rains. It is right off interstate 95.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I have a great front desk team and they do handle it all and do a great job at it. You do make a valid observation that they could use help at times when it gets busy & we are working on that. We have just hired an additional front desk associate, Kat who is a great addition to the team and have another associate joining the front desk team in a few weeks. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please so not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Friendly staff. Anne the executive assistant was great! Shuttle bus service excellent. Clean rooms. Nice excercise room and equipment. I would definately stay here again if ever on buisness in Boston. Headed down for social hour shortly.

1  Thank Loves2travel2003

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for the favorable review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed at this newly renovated hotel several times in the past year. The entire hotel was recently renovated and this has perked up the place. The indoor pool is large and nicely heated. The exercise room is adequate to the guests' needs. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant is one of the best we've ever had in a US hotel. But what we enjoy the most is the friendly attitude of the staff--they always seem eager to solve your problem, and all the while, with a smile. We will surely continue to stay here when the need arises. Excellent value for the money paid. Inquire about AAA or AARP discounts.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LWL3333
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear guest,

Being a top contributor for tipadvisor reviews with 479 reviews in 111 cities and getting such a favorable review means a lot to the Sheraton Needham team. We are definitely trying to reposition the hotel by supporting the $13 mill complete hotel renovation with exemplary, personalized service and it is great to get positive reinforcement from our guests that we are on the right track. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I'm not sure how to approach this review: the hotel is great, the staff is super competent, but the dining/bar area leaves a bit to be desired, and I hesitate about how strongly that should factor in to a review given it's a hotel - not a restaurant.

First, the good: the staff is wonderful, rooms are clean, wifi is slow-ish but comes at no charge, and there's a nice little free breakfast bar on the 5th floor with a self-serve espresso machine. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to local businesses, and the driver is super-nice.

Now the bad, though there's not much to say here: the food options here are limited (it's intended to be more of a bar with a few dishes than a full dining room). The bar/eating area is really understaffed - I come down every day while staying here on business, and during rush hour I often see 20-30 people and just 1-2 servers. This means if you don't go up to the bar yourself to request what you want, you're likely to wait a long time for food or for your bill.

Important tip: between 5pm and 8pm, the bar has a terrific deal called "Social Hour" where they serve a flight of 3 glasses of 2oz wines for 8$. Good selections, and well worth it.

Dear guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the staff and the clean/ modern accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed our Social Hour offerings as well which are truly a great value. In regards to your feedback pertaining to Cafe staffing better to peak demand especially given that the bar is in the lobby is definitely being worked on by us and I assure you an area of focus. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gurki

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!