Berkshires Shirakaba Guest House
The Springs Inn(New Ashford)
US$201
Berkshire Valley Inn(Williamstown)
US$137
US$131
Vacation Village in the Berkshires(Hancock)(Great Value!)
US$149
  • Pool
US$126
Berkshire Hills Country Inn(Williamstown)(Great Value!)
US$111
The Orchards Hotel(Williamstown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL(Williamstown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmiso souphot tubjapanese breakfasttatami roomindoor poolcookieshomemade ice creamberkshires shirakabamulti coursespecial birthday cakeincluding gluten freelearned howrobes and slipperstake homedelicious treatsrelaxing afternoonbed breakfast
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our first time in the Berkshires. We chose this B&B thru a link on Jiminy Peak lodging. But this is not your usual B&B. Before we even arrived late fri evening we felt welcomed and at home. Louise had been corresponding with me on which brands and types of drinks or foods that we'd like our fridge stocked with. She was baking cookies and listed many additions to choose from. She asked our heights and shoe sizes for robes and slippers. And sent us the local menus so we'd have takeout waiting for us when we arrived at7pm on a freezing Jan night. I felt as though I knew Louise already! She showed us around their spacious home including the indoor pool room with jacuzzi and sauna. The next morning brought a sunny magnificent surround view atop this mountain home. The Temperpedic bed was wonderful and our 3 children 17,18,20 didn't want to get out of the comfy futons! Sadao was busy preparing our hot breakfast which we chose from the menu the night before. Eating in the Tatami room was fun! We all were given an additional taste plate of the Japanese breakfast that my son ordered. My favorite became the rolled egg omelet type, Tamago. But everything that Louise and Sadao prepared, we quickly recognized, was with the genuine love to please their guests. This is an experience of hospitality with the bonus of Japanese culture like you have never known before from complete strangers. Those next two days were filled with anything you wanted. quiet, conversation, laughter, beautiful sunset over the mountain. There were so many delightful surprises throughout the home. Louise taught us how to play Marjon! She arranged an on site massage for me with a local therapist. She embroidered an anchor for my daughter on the souvenir cloths, and musical notes and a guitar for my boys. And here's the big thing: I mentioned that my brother and his family that we hadn't seen in a while were driving to meet us and before I could even ask their recommendation for dinner, Louise quickly told me to have them bring their bathing suits to hang out together and offered to get food so we could spend some quality time. She baked cookies made tea and homemade ice cream for all 9 of us! This is what I mean about over the top hospitality! Sadao and Louise will spoil you and treat you as their own family. This is my happy place in the Berkshires. We look forward to our next visit during a warmer time to enjoy the beautiful gardens and cliff side gazebo. But most of all we will visit our new friends! Thank you Louise! Thank you Sadao! You made our weekend very special and memorable.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed for a ski weekend and an unexpected great experience. Before we arrived they baked cookies and even had take out waiting for us at our arrival late at night. We loved the indoor pool, hot tub and suana and the warm comfy robes and slippers. The Japanese breakfast is a true experience not to be missed. Louise and Sadao are exceptional hosts and truly love to cater to every need. The house is beautiful and has wonderful feeling of home. We will come back to experience relaxing spa like home again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

As our third time to the wonderful Shirakaba Guest House, my family and I had yet another incredible stay under the gracious care of co-owners Louise and Sadao-san. The setting, tucked away on the top of a hill in the mountains of the Berkshires, is only the beginning of an unforgettable hotel experience, for once you step foot inside the Japanese ryokan ambiance envelops you as the charming co-owners tend to your every need. The whole home has a very new and clean feel, both in the private rooms as well as the common areas. From delicious home-baked cookies and savory Japanese breakfast to the memory foam mattresses and heated indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna, our multiple family stays at Shirakaba have always been such a pleasure that we plan on coming back many more times in future.

For those seeking a rustic and quiet getaway with a Japanese touch, we cannot recommend Shirakaba Guest House enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Shirakaba Guest House in late Oct 2013 for my wife's 30th birthday and we could not have been more pleased. Louise and Sadao really went out of their way to make sure everything was absolutely perfect and to our liking. They were such warm hosts and made us feel right at home. The Japanese breakfasts were amazing and Louise is an incredible baker. The rooms were and bed were super comfy. All in all a great weekend getaway we will never forget. Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Louise & Sadao has thought of every detail to make a stay there absolutely blissful. As someone who used to live in Japan, the details of the house are so spot on. The private pool, sauna, and hot tub is truly a wonderful way to relax after a long drive or a great way to start off your day. I highly recommend swimming at night with the colored lights in the pool. Louise didn't skim on any niceties as you are welcomed with made to order cookies/brownies, information on where to go/eat, huge selection of teas, and the homemade ice creams at the end of the day were wonderful.

It's quite magical to eat a wonderful breakfast (both Japanese & Western Versions) on the patio with a gorgeous view of the mountains and windmills. Also, you have to check out the beautiful gazeebo.

But most importantly, the hosts Louise & Sadao are so kind, good people. You can tell they have big hearts and put a lot of care for many. Look forward to going there again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Limited rooms in the guest house, so book well in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple