“A Gourmet Find”

Old Inn On The Green
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Inn On The Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a superb restaurant. That is all that needs be said. My wife and I had two terrific dinners. The fois gras and sweetbreads starters were sublime. The cold beet soup was perfect for a hot summer night. For our main courses, we had the chicken, the duck, the entrecote and liver and onions. All were excellent. Desserts are really special. You have a choice of eating outside in a screened porch or in the traditional inn rooms by candlelight. Service was very professional and prices, although high for the area, were very much worth it.

There are newer reviews for Old Inn On The Green

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant lit only with candles where the chef prepares the most delicious menu items with such care and excellence. Every dish is exceptional and the flavors perfectly balanced. I look forward to a dinner here every year when I am in the Berkshires.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We hadn't been to the inn since the 90's, but always had a wonderful time there. So we went back on July 9th of this year. The place was packed, but we were seated at our table immediately. A waiter brought us menus and took a drink order, which he brought to the table. And then we never saw him or any food again. As I looked around the dining room, I noticed that no one else had any food on their table either. This lasted for an hour and then we had had it. My husband went to find someone to tell them that we were leaving, but he could not locate a single person. So we threw down some cash for the drinks and left. As we went out the door, some clueless person called out, "Good night! Thank you for coming!" I would like to include a shout-out to the staff at The Saloon in Great Barrington for feeding us that night at 9:45PM. I can't imagine us returning to the Old Inn after this experience.

1  Thank oldbat5387
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Attention to detail was evident.
The Prix Fixe dinner selections were creative and proved to be delicious. We ate outside in the screened dining room.
Service was delightful.
Every part of the meal was tasty
and presented beautifully.
We will return soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Food was excellent ! Rooms lovely but too dark ! Bed & bathroom was very nice . Stayed in Thayer house very nice with Livingroom but needed coffee early in the am and breakfast wasn't until 8:30 . Would have liked coffee pot in Livingroom . Breakfast was amazing with fresh baked bread & rolls . Inn keeper could have been a little more friendlier !
All in all a great time !!