“My favorite breakfast place in Newburyport” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“My favorite breakfast place in Newburyport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

In a town full of great breakfast places, Stella's is hands down my favorite! I've never had a bad meal here (they serve lunch too!).

This place fills up quickly on the week-ends, so go early or late for best results. Otherwise, you will spend 15-30 minutes waiting for a table. If this does happen, the wait will be worth it. Plop something down on the table to let people know that it's taken, head up to the counter, and order off of the boards above. It does tend to take a little while for the food to arrive, but you can use that time looking at the artwork on the walls, admiring the antique tin ceiling, or looking out of the large windows at the quaint houses surrounding the restaurant. (Stella's is located in the center of town just off of State Street in the middle of a quiet, beautiful neighborhood.)

My favorites here? The pancakes (choose you own filling - or fillings!), french toast and frittatas. Their corned beef hash is also delicious.

If you decide to eat here, you won't regret it. You'll leave smelling distinctly of bacon and sausage, but that's a small price to pay for the deliciousness that is Stella's of Middle Street.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aslopes

Brookline
“Poorly managed restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

Here's my one (and only) experience with Stella's:

- wait 25 mins for a table that gets stolen while I am busy ordering breakfast at the counter, is there a reason I have to go to the counter to order my breakfast?

- after I tell rude lady and her bozo husband to get up from our table and wait in line like everone else, We sit, 30 minutes pass by, my gf gets her breakfast (in pieces). my french toast comes 15 minutes later due to food runner giving my order to another table.

There are only 10 or so tables here, I saw people waiting for their food for over 25 minutes, this place is insufferably slow.

I've had better service at IHOP, it's that bad.

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Good food, good people.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

The food was good, owner kept our coffee cups full, but the service was very slow. We waited 45 minutes for our breakfast. If you like a leisurely breakfast , it's fine. The tin ceiling makes the place a bit loud and the prices are a little high, but maybe that's Newburyport.

Boston
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2008

Hidden down a short side street off downtown Newburyport, this restaurant serves up a great breakfast. Walk away from Fowles on State St, down Middle St and you'll find Stella's a couple blocks down on the left. Order at the counter and they'll bring your meal to your table. If you're really hungry, the "breakfast around the world" is a sure bet. For about 8 or 9 bucks you get coffee, oj, and a huge plate overflowing with eggs, french toast, waffle, sausage, corned beef hash, homefries english muffins... It's all good, and there's so much of it!

Don't miss the corned beef hash. I didn't like corned beef hash until I tried it here. The coned beef tastes fresh, with just a hint of salt and a hint of crispiness. The potatoes add volume, but don't really intrude on the flavor (good for me, as I'm not a big fan of potatoes). It's not greasy and tastes like it's made to order. This must be what corned beef hash is supposed to taste like!

3 Thank lateralgforce
Winchester, Massachusetts
“Great little sandwich/breakfast place. Very nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

A rising star in the morning/lunch scene in Newburyport. Stella's is located in the former site of Middle Street Foods, just down the street from the Grog. Really excellent, simple sandwiches, fritattas, french toast, waffles, or pancakes. Very reasonable prices.

3 Thank OriginalThomas144