Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachway Motel(Salisbury)
Fairfield Inn Amesbury(Amesbury)
View Hotel
Blue - Inn on the Beach(Plum Island)
Seabrook Inn(Seabrook)
View Hotel
All reviewsmade to order breakfastexposed brickcomplimentary breakfastcorner roomeggs benedicttea cupstea servicegrand parkwithin walking distancehistoric buildingnew englanddowntown newburyportroom was largecaviarbreakfast sandwichshops and restaurantsfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff at the hotel was exceptional. The gentleman who cooked breakfast had a great sense of humor and made a great breakfast both days; there were lots of really good choices . Jennifer at the desk was very helpful when there was an issue with my room and she quickly changed my room and helped me move. Candy is put out in the afternoon and she went the extra step to find the flavors that my daughter and I preferred. We ate really good dinners thanks to her suggestions. The inn is an old historic building in the best location so that you can walk to everything in downtown Newburyport . The rooms have character like exposed brick and lofts, as well as air conditioning that truly cools the room! I would love to return to the inn for another stay.

Room Tip: 403 which is the least expensive room is by the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cookieSavannahGa_
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed just one night on our way from here to there. This hotel has tons of charm from the minute you walk in, the lobby, tea and coffee service with little chocolates and cookies. Our room was spacious! A downstairs living room, an open loft with two twins for the boys, and a bedroom off the loft with a very comfortable king bed for us. The full, to order, breakfast was delicious in their quaint breakfast room - we really knew we were in New England! Rather than explore the town, we drove the short and gorgeous drive out to the ocean; the boys had an afternoon of playing in the waves and walking down the beach - delightful for a hot and muggy afternoon. The reason I did not give 5 stars was because none of the windows upstairs opened, so we had to use the wall mounted air conditioner which was loud and clanked. We would much rather have slept with a warm breeze. Also, the bathroom is out-dated. Not bad, just not updated since I dont know when.

Room Tip: our room faced the water - was a nice view - but maybe the lower single floor rooms windows would open?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Once again we had an outstanding stay at the inn! We stayed in a spacious king room over looking Brown Square! The staff is gracious and courteous. The hotel is well appointed and beautifully decorated. The made to order breakfast was fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've really enjoyed each time I've stayed at the Garrison Inn. I'm taking my wife up soon as I know she'll love the Garrison's old world charm with its modern amenities. The Inn is centrally located. Jennifer, at the front desk fits in perfectly with her service and attention to customers. I also love the fact that she knows Newburyport and the surrounding restaurants. I look forward to my next visit to the Garrison. btw...Stew makes a killer salmon omelet!!

Room Tip: Every room at the Inn is a good one. Enjoy your stay! I did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a great hidden pleasure. When I walked in I was pleasantly great at the front desk. The atmosphere itself was very inviting. The room was very spacious and inviting with large king bed and big soft chair for relaxing or reading the paper. The location couldn't be more conveniently located to the quaint shops or the variety of delicious restaurant options. I highly recommend Loretta's. Food and service were excellent. Having a made to order breakfast was a real treat to start the day. Chef was very friendly and loved the porcelain tea cups. Little touches really enhanced the stay. Parking on site is limited but they do have a lot right across the street. Look up the history, will help explain the pictures. Have a great time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business