“Downtown location is perfect”

Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newburyport
Mount Dora, Florida
“Downtown location is perfect”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice old historic building with various rooms that are pricey but the studio was huge and very adequate for all our needs. Staff was helpful and professional. The complimentary breakfast was amazing. I had half a fresh grapefruit to start my morning, juices, and eggs benedict (but only get one egg). If the tea room is busy, may have to wait a while, but still worth it. A collection of china teacups was interesting and fun for my tea, but my husband would have preferred a mug for his coffee rather than these little china cups. No coffee in room, but did have refrig.Walk outside to a lovely little park across the street with benches and just to sit unwinding was my favorite part. Location is one block from the river.

Room Tip: Watch their website for occasional discounts coupons. We had 20% off our room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been to the Garrison Inn several times. It never disappoints. From the elegant furnishings to the wonderful hospitality , we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Garrison is so centrally located within the beautiful town. We biked to Plum Island one morning and enjoyed the various shops in the afternoon. It is so good to come back to this wonderful inn after a day's adventure.The service and the daily breakfast are wonderful as well. The rooms are beautiful and clean and the staff are very friendly. The place is a gem and I look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim C
Rochester, NH
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the Garrison Inn, and believe me when I say, this place is wonderful! Firstly the decor of this place is very elegant, and comfortable (which is also a bad thing because I didn't want to leave the place to got sight seeing! Haha) Secondly, the staff were great. As a matter of fact I proposed to my girlfriend with the help of the desk clerk! She was wonderful! Thirdly, they serve a variety of teas and coffee 24/7 and have a quiet and cozy "tea noir" room to just sit and relax, or to indulge in the free complimentary breakfast with an awesome menu, or custom made to order meal! They even accommodated our vegetarian requests. Overall this hotel gets a 5/5 from my fiance and I. We WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice room. Comfortable, clean and cool. Great launching place for exploring the town and Plumb Island. Can literally walk to anywhere. Very nice staff from front desk clerk, to restaurant staff and housekeeping. Very good free breakfast made to order.

2 Thank LauraBSpa
savannah, ga.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff at the hotel was exceptional. The gentleman who cooked breakfast had a great sense of humor and made a great breakfast both days; there were lots of really good choices . Jennifer at the desk was very helpful when there was an issue with my room and she quickly changed my room and helped me move. Candy is put out in the afternoon and she went the extra step to find the flavors that my daughter and I preferred. We ate really good dinners thanks to her suggestions. The inn is an old historic building in the best location so that you can walk to everything in downtown Newburyport . The rooms have character like exposed brick and lofts, as well as air conditioning that truly cools the room! I would love to return to the inn for another stay.

Room Tip: 403 which is the least expensive room is by the elevator.
1 Thank cookieSavannahGa_
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed just one night on our way from here to there. This hotel has tons of charm from the minute you walk in, the lobby, tea and coffee service with little chocolates and cookies. Our room was spacious! A downstairs living room, an open loft with two twins for the boys, and a bedroom off the loft with a very comfortable king bed for us. The full, to order, breakfast was delicious in their quaint breakfast room - we really knew we were in New England! Rather than explore the town, we drove the short and gorgeous drive out to the ocean; the boys had an afternoon of playing in the waves and walking down the beach - delightful for a hot and muggy afternoon. The reason I did not give 5 stars was because none of the windows upstairs opened, so we had to use the wall mounted air conditioner which was loud and clanked. We would much rather have slept with a warm breeze. Also, the bathroom is out-dated. Not bad, just not updated since I dont know when.

Room Tip: our room faced the water - was a nice view - but maybe the lower single floor rooms windows would op...
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Once again we had an outstanding stay at the inn! We stayed in a spacious king room over looking Brown Square! The staff is gracious and courteous. The hotel is well appointed and beautifully decorated. The made to order breakfast was fabulous!

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburyport
Essex Street Inn & Suites
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#2 of 41 in Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern

Been to Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!