“consistent great food and good value”
Review of Loretta - MOVED

Loretta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: new
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“consistent great food and good value”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am a local and go here often on week nights. Small menu with a few specials that change daily. Food and service is always consistent and great. Owner is often present on site and is friendly. Food is a good value especially since other spots nearby can be pricey. Everything is fresh, simple and good.

• Visited December 2013

Peabody, Massachusetts
“out of the ordinary”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We went over memorial weekend with another couple and as usual were pleased with our choices. The chicken salad sandwich in a wrap with fries is almost to big to finish. Chunks of white meat chicken, cranberries and almonds. Delicious. The cream of asparagus soup yummy. Two of us got the grilled romaine salad which is a taste sensation. Pumpkin seeds, blue cheese and cherry tomatoes along with an onion jam is a combination that can't be beat. I could hardly finish but I forced myself it was so luscious. We also got the chefs salad that was ultra-sized and full of ham, cheese with a delicious dressing. The menu has many options to choose from and there's something for everyone. Burgers are big and juicy and instead of chips for a small charge you can get hand cut fries with any sandwich. Dinner is even more eclectic so check out the specials. It's a small place and it can get crowded and noisy but it's a festive atmosphere. Only once I had room for dessert and it was the most scrumptious bread pudding. Giselle is a fantastic server and rounded out a beautiful day. Give this one a try.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank zzreal
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Food is tasty, but not exactly Gluten free”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I joined a friend for lunch and we had a lovely meal. The food and waitstaff were very good. However, I have a gluten allergy, and there were very few options for me. I ended up with the pulled pork on a salad instead of as a sandwich. Again, the pork was delicious, but it isn't that hard these days to find good gluten free rolls, bread, and even wraps. It only takes a little effort to add something truly gluten free to the menu. I'll save my 5 stars for those restaurants that go the extra mile for us folks with allergies.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Johanna H
Boston, Massachusetts
“Late night dinner and a comfy window seat”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This place was suggested to us and we happened to find it late night. We shared a great salad with salmon. The salad was a char-grilled romain and it added a nice burst of flavor to the perfectly seasoned and grilled salmon.

Visited May 2014
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Nice Dining Experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

we walked around Newburyport(always pleasant) looking at menus and settled on Loretta's. It had the feel of a nice spot and an interesting menu with reasonable prices. We were not disappointed and would return. My wife tends to like to order mussels and they were superb(contrary to her mussels at another Newburyport spot...see other review, which were bland). We look forward to returning.

• Visited May 2014