“Noisey and Limited”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first value for a restaurant has to do with noise. Can I have a quiet conversation? Based on a yelp review that said it was quiet, I tried Loretta. We sat what should have been the quietest table in the joint, but it was not. We came after 1PM for lunch, hoping it might be more quiet. It wasn't. We'd already ordered a beer before we decided we had to leave but then didn't even finish it. Perusing the menu, it looked pretty limited but we did not eat there.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

People that don't use a mobility aid probably don't realize that many Newburyport eateries aren't accessible. Age allows them to skirt ADA guidelines. The owners of though, installed a small ramp making it possible for everyone to enjoy. I made a point to thank the owner.

On the food front, everything is good but on my most recent meal on Memorial Day I had a hankering for a burger. It was cooked precisely to my specification, served fresh and warm from the kitchen, and was juicy and delicious.

The prices are good and the service is excellent.

1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Loretta's is one of my favorite restaurants in Newburyport. Every dish is made with careful attention. The personal greeting from the owner let's the diner know that he is so pleased that you chose his restaurant. My only complaint is the acoustics; it is very loud which makes it difficult to hear the people with whom you are dining.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We absolutely love this place!! I recently came to Newburyport for a family wedding and was really impressed by this local cozy spot on State Street. As soon as we stopped by to look at the menu posted in the window we knew we wanted to go in because of the boisterous, lively atmosphere. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the table but it was well worth it. My husband started with the arancini while I had the crab cakes- both of which were fresh and delicious. Afterwards we shared the salmon and the sirloin with the foie gras mushroom brandy sauce that was on special for the night. Wow, all I can say is that I can't wait to come back for a visit! The owner was very gracious and friendly and the waitstaff extramely personable! Very refreshing for a small town restaurat scene. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am a local and go here often on week nights. Small menu with a few specials that change daily. Food and service is always consistent and great. Owner is often present on site and is friendly. Food is a good value especially since other spots nearby can be pricey. Everything is fresh, simple and good.