“mixed review”
Review of Ceia Kitchen & Bar

Ceia Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ceia Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 100 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Essex St
Description: Where laughter is required. Jacket & tie are not. Going out with friends or a special someone means choosing a neighborly place that feels as comfortable as home, where conversation flows as easily as a smooth cabernet. Welcome to Ceia Kitchen + Bar. A new kind of nightlife in the heart of Downtown Newburyport, introducing this area"s first extended kitchen hours for later night dining or tete-a-tete cocktails with flavorful small plates. Our exposed brick interior with mellow lighting, cozy banquets and featured cocktail bar beckon even impromptu visits to this reliable neighborly eatery where singles, dates and a posse of good friends are assured of a comfortable night out with delicious food and great company. The spirit of Ceia (pr. SAY-yah) is in the translation of our name: "supper" in Portuguese, the language of one country included among the inspiring stops of our coastal European culinary repertoire.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Small pours on the wine, they could be a little more generous. The brussel sprout appetizer was amazingly stingy, as far as I know brussel sprouts are inexpensive? Four sprouts, maybe six, some little bits of cheese, and a little squash paste of some sort that didn't really go with it. All for $9. I like brussel sprouts, but they were almost non-existent in this dish. My meal was great, I had the hake, and my Husband loved his cassoulet, but our friends both got the scallops. I took pity on them and gave them some of my fish, but they both looked starved. Their main meal looked like an appetizer, the appetizer was a joke. I don't love huge portions, but some of these meals could have used a little more.

There are newer reviews for Ceia Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went to Newburyport to see the foliage. Knew nothing about the restaurant. Made reservation 30-45 minutes before showing up. The atmosphere, the menu, the food was way above our expectations. Ox Tail is a must to try.

1  Thank Edward K
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Made reservations weeks in advance to go here because we liked what we saw on the menu. But we were disappointed by the food. The burger was overcooked and didn't have much flavor to it. The risotto was good, but not great. Not worth what we spend on the meal.

1  Thank snowflake81
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The new location of this restaurant is fantastic for both their bar and their food. If it looks crowded on the first floor venture to the third floor bar and you will likely find a seat. The food is absolutely amazing and I highly recommend the octopus.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

But I won't go back soon. Food was bland as was our waiter. They were not busy during our early reservation, but the attention paid to our table was minimal.