“Very disappointed”
Review of Enzo Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Enzo Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At Enzo Restaurant & Bar, our food is inspired by the rustic dishes found in the trattorias of Northern Italy. We use that inspiration to create seasonal menus that combine the best local ingredients and traditional New England recipes with those Italian flavors. At our bar, you’ll find a tempting offering of house cocktails and marvelous wines by the glass, but more importantly, you’ll find a warm welcome and great conversation!
Bangor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had high hopes for this place based on other eviews and the Yankee magazine article. I had the hanger steak which was cooked medium rare when I had asked for medium, plus it was very bland tasting, the potatoes we actually Or-Ida hashbrowns or exactly like them(I felt like I should be eating ham and eggs with them) and the broccoli in sauce was like it came out of a freezer bag from green giant. My wife had a chicken pasta dish that was not too bad, however it was very difficult to find and chicken in it. The dishes were $29 and $27 respectively. Based on the other dishes I saw them bring out to other customers, I would not recommend this place for the price or quality of food. Lots of other places in newburyport that have better quality and much better value.

• Visited December 2013

Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Quality Local Ingredients, Creative Choices, Dishes”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Enzo is a small, snug dinner spot in Newburyport, MA. As noted in one of the other reviews, it does have a somewhat limited menu but that is because the ingredients are locally sourced, seasonal and dishes are prepared with demanding attention for a total of 12 tables. We enjoyed a variety of creative and tasty appetizers- two of our party enjoyed dry martinis with the fried olives which were a deliciously salty compliment. The Fondue or "fonduta" was a melted Italian cheese served with pickled vegetable. This molten appetizer was quickly eaten by the group. We also enjoyed the seasonal kale and cabbage salad- a more nutritious and interesting take on greens than the usual green salad. Kudos for the free form lasagne with tender homemade pasta and the pan-seared red fish. WE CLEANED OUR PLATES! Time constraints kept us from ordering desserts but we will be back to sample these.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank pajpaj
Boston, MA
“Beautiful restaurant, average food.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'm obviously not the norm here, as others have had rave reviews about Enzo. The space is beautiful, they've created a lovely restaurant and having parking right there is a positive. I found the menu to be pretty limited, and when I was there with a friend we watched as the wait person and bartender snickered about our questions on wine and request for a taste of a by the glass wine prior to purchasing a bottle. There are many other places to try out for me to go back anytime soon.

• Visited July 2013
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Simple Elegance”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the closest experience one will have to visiting a Northern Italian Restaurant without leaving the North Shore. The food is prepared simply with the finest, local ingredients. The menu is limited and changes often with seasonal produce, fish and meat availability. The flavors that the chef extracts from these ingredients is amazing. This is a "from scratch" restaurant so you will taste each ingredient. I recommend it to anyone looking for a special night out.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jemma M
Cape Cod
“A delicious dinner”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

After reading all the great reviews on trip advisor, I was looking forward to eating here. It didn't disappoint! The restaurant is chic and cozy, and not too large. The wine menu had a variety of wines on it, not the standard wines that you always see on other menus. Bread and olive oil for dipping arrived at the table. We ordered the cheese fondue, and it was excellent. Yes, the menu is limited (check their website to view the menu), but I imagine that whatever they cook, they do it perfectly. That was the case with our meals. We both ordered lasagna, which the menu describes as handkerchieves. The homemade lasagna noodles were thin, oh so delicious, and folded back and forth in the bowl. It was probably the best lasagna I've ever had. If we lived closer, I'm sure we would be regulars here!

• Visited August 2013