“was recommended to me and lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brine

Brine
Reserve with OpenTable
Brine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Essex St.
Description: Welcome To Brine! Newburyport's First Oyster, Crudo and Chop Bar! We have differant oysters available each and every day, the freshest seafood selections, and prime beef selections from the butcher. Enjoy live shucking behind our bar as well as intriguing seafood preparations created daily by our Chefs. Brine serves dinner until 10:30pm Monday- Wednesday, and 11:45pm Thursday- Sunday. We are also open for lunch Saturday & Sundays 12:00-4:00pm. The interior is beautifully decorated with notes of stainless steel and a beautiful marble bar as the focal point. Come enjoy a delicious meal with us at the bar or a table and relax a bit, in our fun, upbeat cozy spot right in the center of State Street!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“was recommended to me and lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was amazing. We had a sampler of the fresh oysters and a drink to go along! The service was great! We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be going back!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice seafood joint in the middle of Newburyport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We've been here twice now (once for dinner and once for lunch) and both times the food was very good. Most recent time for lunch I ordered the chowder and oysters and my husband had the oyster po boy. All were very good - especially my chowder! Not overly creamy or thick - but packed full of flavor. I really liked the leeks in it. The food is consistently very good.

Service - both times I've found it less than great and a bit above okay. Just not very attentive and hard to track down a server. The first time we went I think it was because the place was packed - this last time I'm not sure what the issue was.

Atmosphere - I have mixed opinions. I like the brick and that it feels warm. On the other hand it is tiny and the table are really squished together. It's like musical chairs to get in and out of your seat.

Will we go again - sure.

Stuart, Florida
“Surf and turf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The menu at Brine has food for your non seafood lover too. Try the Ribeye if your not going to one of there expertly prepared specials and don't forget the Oysters.

Visited May 2014
Massachusetts
“great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very interesting menu and presentations...small and intimate without feeling crowded and cramped.Our server was charming and knowledgeable, food was excellent. Definitely recommend it, especially to oyster fans.

Amesbury, Massachusetts
“delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A recent lunch at Brine was the best lunch I can recall having in a restaurant! Service was excellent, and the food was exceptional. Our group had fresh oysters (several varieties well explained by the server), soup of the day (asparagus and oyster mushrooms - yum!), and salmon crudo and tuna crudo. Fresh, well-composed dishes were all a treat. It's not inexpensive, but a real treat for a special occasion.

• Visited April 2014