“Pathetic”

The Rockfish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We arrived and where seated. Hardly enough room between tables. I wanted seafood hardly any on the menu. Surprise being Newburyport but it was the ongoing theme with many of the main road restaurants. I chose the haddock which was the size of an index card. It said it had bacon on top. NOT it was bacon bits. The small finger potatoes where hard. The greens where over cooked and tasted like a seaweed soup I once had. I salted everything. My husbands tuna burger had no flavor and the cold slaw had no mayo so it was impossible to eat. Yes, we read the reviews before going but my husband wanted to try it anyways. STAY AWAY. There are too many other better choices in Newburyport.

1  Thank Liz D

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I am 56 years old and was refused by the bartender to be served a drink because I only had a NH drivers lic for an ID. They have a policy against accepting out of state ID's. How many do legal form of identification do you carry. If you are at tourist stay away from this place . Lots of other far more friendly establishments in Beautiful Newburyport.We left and were served at another establishment with courtesy.

2  Thank Gordon B
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Rockfish Restaurant is a small place which seats about 20 patrons. When we dined there on a wednesday evening there were more people at the bar than dining. I had the Fried Clams which came with cole slaw and hand cut fries($18). The serving was ample and was not greasy or gritty. My guest had the fish and chips($15) which was decent. Not much atmosphere since the place had seen better days but yet a place that I might visit again while strolling Newburyport.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went to the Rockfish after receiving a living social promotion from them. The Rockfish is on 3 floors with a bar on the first and I believe dining on the second and third floor. We were given a table on the third floor which has about 12 to 15 tables and a bar. There was one waitress and one bar tender who had to handle our floor and the floor below. The kitchen is on the second floor. When our order came the food was undercooked and cold. However, our waitress had disappeared to the floor below. We ate what we could asked for our bill and then had to wait about 15 minutes for our change. For a place trying to get business through the use of coupons, they made a terrible first impression. You only get one chance at a first impression and they blew it. Until one of my friends tells me they have changed greatly for the better, I won't be back

2  Thank BostonJandP
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Sat in bar before 5:30 pm and ordered wine and casadeas. We got the wine right away but after 1/2 hour of waiting for our food we asked for our bill and when we were ready to leave the food came out...cold!!! We did say something to the waitstaff but they didn't seem to care. I had bought a coupon from restaraunt.com but will think twice before doing so again.