“Amazing sandwich shop”

Port City Sandwich Co.
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Newburyport
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I were recently vacationing in the Newburyport area. We found this quaint little sandwich shop which soon exceeded our expectations. The staff was so friendly and truly showed a passion for their restaurant and its patrons. I would recommend this place to anyone who asks, and hope we can visit again really soon!

1  Thank Mgluhosky

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I ordered two Mediterranean wraps. They were really, really good. The quality and freshness of the ingredients were something to enjoy. The restaurant was very nice and clean inside. There were a couple of tables for folks who wanted to sit down and eat, however, most of the business was grab and go. The help was very pleasant. They seem to do a nice lunch hour business. They are located steps away from the waterfront. We enjoyed our wraps sitting on a bench on the boardwalk watching the harbor activity. I would recommend Port City Sandwich and I will make sure that I stop by again the next time I'm back in Newburyport.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delicious sandwiches with a little flare - Courteous and friendly service - what's not to love - Fast and fresh just what you want for lunch. Located close to the waterfront, it's a great choice for locals and visitors as well!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a great place to go to just grab a good, old-fashioned, fresh sandwich! The staff is nice, the menu is extensive but easy to choose from, and they have you in and out the door in less than five minutes if that is what you need. I always get turkey and cheddar in wheat with spicy mustard, but the veggie wrap and tuna salad are good too. Cute and simple and easy plus great parking!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

For me to rate a place as Excellent it must be excellent in these areas:

1) Staff friendliness and speed of service
2) Value (price versus taste and quality)
3) Atmosphere (do I feel welcome)
4) Taste of the food

The staff was nice, friendly and very accommodating. The atmosphere was a little sanitary; lacked character. The Chicken Parmesan sandwich could have used a little more marinara but was generous with cheese. I asked for some hot sauce and was given the house made Habinero sauce, which was outstanding (better than Sriracha) so made up for the lack of savoriness that I prefer. The home made white bean soup was delicious. The Chicken Salad was nicely made, not too much mayonnaise. My wife appreciated that they have Gluten free bread. The value; a little pricey, but I suspect it has a lot to do with their overhead being right near the water and park.

I would definitely make this a place to frequent if I lived in Newburyport.

2  Thank JamestownRGW