“Best Indian Food Around!”
Review of Jewel In The Crown

Jewel In The Crown
Ranked #9 of 102 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for years. I no longer live in the area, but every time I go back this is somewhere I make sure to come. Jewel in the Crown offers the best Indian food within 30 miles at least. Bollywood Grill in North Andover has nothing on this place! Amazing Mango Lassi, Chicken Tikka Masala, Kashmiri Naan and Mango Chutney! If you like Indian food then this place is a must!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hidden in an alley or a passage this Indian restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Excellent classy service, food very tasty. The decor isn't their best asset, but it is not bad either. The cost-value ratio on the lunch menu is excellent.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is the place for Indian food and a bit of a hidden local gem in Newburyport. Order the Chicken Tiki Marsala, the Saag or venture out on your own and convince the Chef to make whatever you want. For my family this is a weekly staple and one of our favorite amongst the many choices in newburyport.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We greatly enjoy our regular visits to the Jewel in the Crown. The fresh soups, chutney, nan and entrees offer a variety of option and all of them very tasty. The service is over the top. The portions are large so you can take home the extra and have for lunch later.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

After a near escape from one of the local tourist traps, we strolled around town and happened upon this fine establishment. As we entered we were welcomed seated at a comfortable, private table, and provided with water and some flat bread (I think it's called roti) and condiments.
The waiter was very careful to explain dishes we were unfamiliar with and make suggestions based on our preferences. The food was well prepared and arrived quickly. It is the the finest Indian food I have had in a long time and was the highlight of our trip to Newburyport.
This is a restaurant I will make a point of returning to when I need to travel to Boston or points south.