Essex Street Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachway Motel(Salisbury)
Fairfield Inn Amesbury(Amesbury)
View Hotel
Blue - Inn on the Beach(Plum Island)
Seabrook Inn(Seabrook)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastthe main streetgreat locationgas fireplacejacuzzi tubbridal suitestandard roombagelskeurig machinerestaurants and shopsrewards programoff street parkingin townrooms are clean and comfortablefull kitchenpark your carair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Essex St Inn for her birthday weekend in September and we couldnt have been more happy with our stay. The room was just as it was advertised on the website, bright, clean and the bed was very comfortable. What impressed us most was the location. We didnt touch our car all weekend as we were within walking distance to all of the shopping and restaurants that Newburyport is famous for. I would reccommend this Inn to anyone looking to spend time in beautiful Newburyport and we will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed here with a bicycle group recently and was satisfied with most aspects of my stay.The room was good,clean with a comfortable bed, but the bathroom small.Also the breakfast was not what I would expect for a place which advertises breakfast included.It is a very close walk to local attractions and many restaurants.No pool or hot tub is also a negative.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I checked the internet for local hotels in newburyport mass and found the essex street inn. It showed pictures of the hotel and rooms and you know how pictures on the internet are made to make places look better then they are so I was a little leery, but it was my anniversary and I had to take a chance. It was a last minute booking, booked it on a weds for a saturday stay. It was a nice romantic room, was very clean and was one of the better places i have stayed at and would recommend it to anyone. My wife was surprised by my great choice for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Infoessexstreetinn, Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for your kind review and the reccomendations. We are glad you and your wife had a pleasant stay while celebrating your anniversary.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were there as part of a wedding party and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The inn is a charming old inn in the center of town. It is convenient to walk the town but parking was limited on property and street parking is strictly monitored by the township. I thought the continental breakfast was substantial and there was plenty of hot water for showering. I would definitely recommend this place for those who enjoy the historical inns and B & Bs and I hope to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind review. It was our pleaseure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again the future.
Best,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is an old hotel and although room was clean there were no closets in the room. The shower curtain had to be changed after I complained as there was mould on it. This place is definitely not four-star as stated by trip advisor in the lobby. The breakfast area and the set-up was confusing and cramped. This is not worth the price.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Heather S
Infoessexstreetinn, Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you to this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review. In response the Main building is our oldest of the 3 buildings on the Essex Street Inn property. Some of the rooms do have small closet nooks in the bathrooms. They also do have small stand up shower stalls with cloth shower curtains. Our housekeeping staff does it's best to change and clean shower curtains often. We apologize that this one may have been overlooked.
Rooms in our adjacent buildings that were refirbished between 2006 and 2007 do have larger closet space. Some of these rooms may also have "shower doors" instead of the curtain. We encourage potential guests to ask about this options if in need when inquiring for a reservation.

In regards to breakfast we do set it up in the lobby of our Main building in a central location for guests to come enjoy at their leisure. As our occupancy grows ,We have been exploring new methods to make this area more efficient when having multiple guests in this area at one time.
We appreciate your patience as we continue this process.