“Great B&B!”

167 Water Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Newburyport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We enjoyed our five nights at 167 Water. Ann and Chuck were great hosts.

Each morning we enjoyed our breakfasts and jazz tunes on the stereo. Ann and Chuck provided us with personalized recommendations and delighted us with local history... Also, the bed in the Bamako room was very comfortable.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
chuckanzie, Owner at 167 Water Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for your review and come back and visit! We really enjoyed meeting you.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I loved staying at 167 Water. Ann & Chuck were warm, gracious, welcoming and fun! They helped me navigate Newburyport and even land a new apartment! They know everyone and everything there is to do. I felt like staying for a very long time. I highly recommend a visit to this classic Newburyport B&B. Ask the owners about their travels too!

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I am from Newburyport and whenever I need to go back this is the first place I look to stay. There is a shared bathroom with one other guest (so it works best if you are staying with friends that rent the other room too). The place is clean and the host are very accommodating. The location is close to the downtown and Plum Island. It is a private house where they rent out the two upstairs bedrooms.

Room Tip: The back bedroom has a view of the Merrimack River and bay. But I think they charge a little more f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LostGaiter
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I wanted ambiance, and that's exactly what I got. Chuck and Ann are gracious hosts and I felt like I was staying with family.
The room wtas extremely comfortable (wish I could have taken the bed home with me!) and the bathroom facilities were great.
The breakfast fare was excellent - more variety than I expected.
Location is within walking distance from State Street - a great way to walk off a meal!
I couldn't be happier with my decision to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

It was one of the best B&B's we had ever stayed in. Beside mentioning the wonderful breakfast, we had very nice talks with Chuck and Anne for they both very much like to travel, too, and felt perfectly welcome in their home. The African style of the rooms and bathroom and the cozy atmosphere of the old house added to that great impression. We found their B&B by chance and felt so lucky to have had the chance to get to know these lovely people!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Last week, I stayed with my 8-year old son at 167 Water B&B, before heading to Plum Island to watch birds, look for shells and enjoy a mother-and-son day (without his three sisters trailing along). Our stay with Anne and Chuck was very pleasant! We received a warm and very friendly welcome, a nice spacious room with a good bed, and a delicious breakfast with fresh fruits. And both my son and I loved the African art that decorates the whole house. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
chuckanzie, Owner at 167 Water Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Thank you very much for you nice review. We hope you will come stay again.

Anne & Chuck

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had a tremendous weekend away at 167 Water. Chuck & Anne were gracious, helpful, knowledgeable, and accomodating - and they also made a hearty, delicious breakfast, with lots of great options to choose from. Our room was well-kept and within a beautifully decorated house, with a gorgeous garden in the backyard. The location was good, a 10 minute walk from all the sights of downtown Newburyport. It was a great weekend and I look forward to repeating it soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
chuckanzie, Owner at 167 Water Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Anne & Chuck

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburyport
Essex Street Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
#2 of 2 in Amesbury
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to 167 Water Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!