“Authentic Italian Fare In Newburyport”

Giuseppe's Fresh Pasta Fine Food.
Ranked #20 of 103 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Full Service Family Italian Restaurant with Full Bar, Take Out, Grab and Go, Italian Deli and Marketplace, Party Trays for all occasions. Established on 1995.
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Although I have visited this little restaurant on numerous occasions over the years, this is my first review. The menu offers something for everyone. This is real Italian food and it is always served hot, fresh and nicely presented. Many "specials" are offered. The staff, including proud owner Giuseppe, is very attentive and friendly. The premises are cozy. In a hurry? Grab some take-out dishes. There is a vast selection, all fresh and nicely packaged for the trip home or to your office.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Guiseppe's has a casual restaurant side and another area where they sell refrigerated and frozen items. They do a pretty good take out business. The food will please those who like larger portions and GARLIC. Some of the most garlicky dishes I've ever eaten. I've brought home leftovers that made my whole refrigerator smell of garlic. Make sure you seal yours up tight. The bread served with the meal is very pedestrian. This is one area I think they could really improve on. It's that old styrofoam type of Italian bread that hardly any restaurants still serve. But who needs the extra carbs, right? This restaurant is not in the downtown area but it is very easily accessible right off of Route 95. Parking is scant and tricky on a small sloped lot but you can't go wrong if you're not looking for an upscale atmosphere. I'd give it 3 1/2 if there were half circles.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Been going to Giuseppe's for a few years now. The atmosphere is average, the food is phenomenal. The pasta is made fresh and the sauces are rich and flavorful. The only disappointing dish I have had is the chicken piccata, but I think it comes down to a matter of maybe I'm just not a chicken piccata fan, but I wanted to try something different. I have become addicted to their meatballs and the NE Shrimp & Scallop dish (do wish they used sea scallops instead of bay scallops). The wild mushroom ravioli, lasagna, stuffed shells, veal parm and sausage sub are all favorites too. Because the place is usually packed, especially on Wednesdays, we usually get take out. They also have a take-out case so you can grab, go and heat it up at home. It's the only Italian restaurant that we patronize on the North Shore.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I went to this restaurant based on advertising, and was very disappointed. I was visiting solo, and several tables were given to parties of two or four who arrived after I did. There was little space to wait to be seated, and I was continually shuffled to be moved out of the way. I felt ignored and like a second-class citizen. Once seated, service was poor although the waitress was friendly. Food was average, but not worth the treatment I endured during the wait. I will not return.

masia2k, Owner at Giuseppe's Fresh Pasta Fine Food., responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Souperdoc,
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We are very sorry for what happened during your visit to our reastaurant!
We are investigating this matter, and we will do our best to improve our customer service.
It just happened to have a "Late Rush" and the help was not able to seat you right away! We hope to see you again at Giuseppe`s, for a free dinner on us!
Giuseppe Masia

Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

First of all, don't come here for a chic, upscale experience. The location is a charmless mini-mall, and the dining area is as prosaic as it gets.

Wht you DO want to come here for is the food, real home-cooking with nary a suggestion of that corporate, fast-food feel that so many places, even expensive ones, seem to give off. This is Italian "cucina casalinga," and I have yet to be disappointed by a meal here, after quite a few visits. Most recently I had a bowl of beef stew, which at 6 dollars is a meal in itself, preceded by a grilled calamari salad, full of fresh and intersting flavors.

In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in the area.