“WHOOPIE PIES!”

Add it.
Chococoa Baking Company
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Newburyport
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This one is for people who specialize in something and do it EXCEEDINGLY well. BEAUTIFUL and CLEAN, well lit, spacious - ode to breakfast, light foods, pastries... But the star of the show are the Whoopie Pies. Delicate three bite confections, made with premium ingredients, rich chocolate and well balanced not icky sweet, just very well balanced, very well made. Blonde whoopies, red velvet whoopies, seasonal whoopies. Free sample Sunday. This husband and wife shop truly is a lovely labor of love. And I've never been a whoopie fan. Until now.

Standing ovation of my day!

1  Thank Rita V

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband got a lemon one and I a gluten free. He tried mine and couldn't tell the difference. They have tons of samples to try. Plus they ship (I will definitely be ordering some).

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This little bakery and coffee house in Newburyport's Tannery mall is deceptively modest. It should have a banner overhead. One can get only delicious coffees or teas, and a marvelous variety of scones, croissants, French-inspired pastries like lemon tarts, and fabulous cakes (the carrot cake is exceptional)--but what more do you want? I recently ordered 6 dozen whoopie pies in variety of flavors for a birthday party. When the plates of pies went out at the end, they disappeared in minutes. I took the carrot cake for a family dinner party and everyone raved. My French husband is addicted to the scones, especially the lemon ginger, and the lemon tart. Simply delicious.

1  Thank Marion T
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I live around the corner though have only been here twice. My first visit was during the NBPT farmer's market. They have a great coffee and specialty coffee menu as I ended up with a tasteful iced cappuccino. Their whoopie pies are small but delicious; there were so many flavors it was hard to choose just a few. I remember the salted caramel to be noteworthy.

My second visit was on a cold Sunday morning. We picked up four hot beverages and some breakfast items for our group. Two of the people in our group always drink chai and they were impressed. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere is great as it is nicely decorated and cozy. I definitely need to make it a point to come here more often.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a foodie's find - Great selection of pastries, and excellent coffee. They specialize in whoopie pies and their whoopie pie offerings often change with the season. It was a rainy afternoon and my 4 year old grandson was thoroughly entertained with a blackboard placed in a small area towards the back of the cafe. The staff were very friendly and the general ambiance was fresh and clean.