“Excellent Whoopie Pies”

Add it.
Chococoa Baking Company
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Newburyport
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This small Cafe is delightfully placed in a refurbished Colonial mill downtown and offers a variety of Whoopie pies. The classic is a true New England one and the chocolate ganache one is like Death By Chocolate in its intense, rich flavor. The cake part of both is a touch dry, but delightful and the coconut pie could use more coconut flavor, as it's lost in the chocolate. Service was excellent and the cafe is well worth a stop for a tasty treat.

1  Thank KaTe2

Reviewed 13 August 2014

For starter's I'm not a whoppie pie fan, I can take them or leave them. So my wife wanted one of their local cal pies so I see key lime whoppie pies and try one. Man! If I wasn't on a diet I would buy 4 boxes for my trip! They are that good.

1  Thank weemack56
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This one is for people who specialize in something and do it EXCEEDINGLY well. BEAUTIFUL and CLEAN, well lit, spacious - ode to breakfast, light foods, pastries... But the star of the show are the Whoopie Pies. Delicate three bite confections, made with premium ingredients, rich chocolate and well balanced not icky sweet, just very well balanced, very well made. Blonde whoopies, red velvet whoopies, seasonal whoopies. Free sample Sunday. This husband and wife shop truly is a lovely labor of love. And I've never been a whoopie fan. Until now.

Standing ovation of my day!

1  Thank Rita V
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband got a lemon one and I a gluten free. He tried mine and couldn't tell the difference. They have tons of samples to try. Plus they ship (I will definitely be ordering some).

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This little bakery and coffee house in Newburyport's Tannery mall is deceptively modest. It should have a banner overhead. One can get only delicious coffees or teas, and a marvelous variety of scones, croissants, French-inspired pastries like lemon tarts, and fabulous cakes (the carrot cake is exceptional)--but what more do you want? I recently ordered 6 dozen whoopie pies in variety of flavors for a birthday party. When the plates of pies went out at the end, they disappeared in minutes. I took the carrot cake for a family dinner party and everyone raved. My French husband is addicted to the scones, especially the lemon ginger, and the lemon tart. Simply delicious.

1  Thank Marion T