“A Home Away from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“A Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Patti and Jim made my "leaving my college bound son in Boston" experience memorable and ever so grateful that I did not stay anywhere else. My nine day stay at Park Lane was comfortable with a nice clean room and wonderful breakfasts with conversation in the mornings. Patti and Jim also were the ultimate tourist guides providing insight to hidden jewels in and around Boston that I did not have to seek tourist information elsewhere. The location is walking distance from the nearest public transportation and the neighborhood and amenities only made it feel like a home away from home. I plan to stay at Park Lane on my next visit to Boston. Patti and Jim are keepers!

Room Tip: The area is peaceful and quiet. Never heard the guests in the next room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I headed for Boston to settle our son for law school last week! It was our first real experience in Boston and we did not have any connections to help us through! We were prepared for lots of trial and errors! Because of high hotel rates we decided to stay at a B&B for the first time! And guess what! We would not do it differently ever again while in Boston! Patti and Jim are true angels in their B&B to help not just us but all their guests with their issues! They truly take the pride in their hospitality, they go above and beyond in their offers of help and advice, and they have the cleanest place to stay in! Our experience in Boston became a whole lot easier than what we had expected because of Patti and Jim's unconditional support! We can not thank Patti and Jim enough for opening their home and their heart to us! They are THE BEST!

Room Tip: I would trust Patti and Jim on this!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thank you so much to a wonderful couple, Patti and Jim. I was unable to stay here, but they were able to give me so much information for other places to stay, how to tbest travel around the city, and were so kind and sweet. I hope that I do get to stay here in the future. There is nothing better then great customer service and genuine kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Portola Valley, California
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A comfortable and warm place to stay while visiting Boston and its environs. Jimmy and Patti are the consummate hosts. Park Lane B & B is located on a lovely residential street in Newton, within walking distance of public transportation which will whisk you into Boston. You don't even need a car--or a guidebook for that matter. Jimmy and Patti are full of suggestions and ideas on how to spend your time.
I had a wonderful stay here and got each day off to a great start with Patti's tasty continental breakfast.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Patti has been extremely helpful finding other Newton B&B accommodations when hers is full. My somewhat complicated plans for graduation 2014 are all set because of Patti’s diligence in checking and rechecking availability, graduation dates, etc. Nearly a year in advance, I have no worries about our stay and can relax and just look forward to my daughter’s graduation. Thanks Patti!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Proprietors, Patti & Jim, helped us through some difficult times. We stayed in their B&B over Thanksgiving 2012 while one of our children was going through a painful surgery in a Boston hospital. Park Lane was not only our hotel during the time we were in town assisting with the recovery, but it was our source of information, our home base, and a place for us to gather as a family. Patti & Jim knew many of the doctors and staff at the hospital, and helped to relieve worries and concerns. They went out of their way to provide for our needs, including very early morning breakfasts-to-go. We stayed with them again in the month following the events of the 2013 Boston Marathon. Again, one of our children, along with all of Boston, was in a difficult situation, and we were grateful that we had a comfortable and friendly gathering place to heal.

Room Tip: LOVE the top floor suite for families.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Approximately this time last year I stayed in Park Lane B&B for a week. My friend and I (both from Ireland) had researched accommodation well ahead of arriving in Boston. We could have stayed anywhere, but because I was somewhat familiar with Newton and have friends there, we took a chance on Park Lane. It proved to be an excellent choice, on a quiet leafy street, close to public transport and a stone's throw from Newton Centre. Our hosts, Patti and Jimmy - very interesting people - were helpful in so many different ways. They made us feel very much at home and we came away feeling lucky to have found this B&B. I hope I will have occasion to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
#5 of 11 in Waltham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston

Been to Park Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!