Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
US$182
AC Hotels
US$205
US$189
All reviewsnewton centerboston areaother guestshelpful hostslively conversationshort walkevery morningwithin walking distancerooms are comfortablequiet streetgreen linepattineighborhoodbnbprivacy
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This sweet Bed and Breakfast could not have been more charming and comfortable. Located 10 minutes within walking distance to lovely Newton Center and its Metro Station, we found it easy to enjoy both local amenities and convenient travel to Boston. What makes this B and B stand out are the innkeepers, who were friendly and accessible, and impeccably attentive to our needs. Breakfasts were memorable, with fresh, wholesome, abundant amounts of coffee and tea, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc, and in addition, a separate refrigerator available for guests' particular dietary requirements.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I can't even begin to rate this place because I never got past reservations. Maybe I got the owner on a bad day, but my interactions with Jim on the phone was neither warm nor hospital. I was looking for a room as I'm coming in for the Runners World's Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon weekend. When I told Jim about it, he didn't know about it but said they have rooms available. He then said he had to call me back because he's heading to the movies. When he called back, he said they wouldn't be able to give me the reservation now unless I'm willing to make it a 3-night stay. This is not even the worst part as I understand that many hotels have a minimum stay requirement, although this requirement only seem to came about after I told him about Runners World's upcoming event. This was the kicker. He said that I could always make the reservation and not stay the 3rd night. After all, it's only a little over $100 a night. Seriously?! I work hard for my money in the military. I don't just have a $100 to drop just because. If I do, it'll be for charity and not going to be to a business that thinks customers can and should just drop a $100 because they are Park Lane. His whole attitude was Park Lane is so good that I should be willing to drop the $ to get in. Even if I end up having to drop more $, I'd not pay the $ to stay at Park lane.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fansu K
parklanebandb, proprietor at Park Lane Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

In the over twenty years we have been running our b&b we have always felt the essence of our business is to assist people in booking a room either with us or to help them find the best possible alternative. We listen carefully to the needs of each caller with this goal in mind. We are truly saddened that someone felt insulted, deceived or mistreated in any way. Jim, not at home at the time, answered the call through our remote phone service. He was not equipped with our calendars or paperwork and so, initially was at a loss to know that the Runners World Week-End was in fact an event for which there was a required three night minimum. He WAS, however, well aware of the seasonal cost of hotels in the area(ranging from $190 to $270 per night + tax and possibly parking). With this in mind, he was merely suggesting what might be considered. Cost being factored in, he simply felt a two night stay for the cost of three at the Park Lane might have been a good alternative and was only trying to help a potential guest in their quest for accommodations. We truly and sincerely regret any ill will his suggestion created and hope that Fanzu found a place that adequately met her needs.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I visited on a girl's trip to attend BC Parents Weekend. As soon as I made our reservations Patti (owner) called to offer transportation tips to get us from the airport to her B&B. She offered us a ride from Newton Station, and her husband Jim arrived promptly to greet us. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warmth and enthusiasm. Jim picked us up from the Newton station and drove us back to the B&B. The location is perfectly situated, two miles from the BC campus and a couple of blocks from the Newton Center public transportation hub. There was really no need to rent a car during our stay! Breakfast was simple, but very satisfying, and included Jim's homemade bread and muffins. Jim is very knowledgeable about Boston and the surrounding area and was more than willing to sit and share with us historical information in addition to his sight-seeing tips.Patti and Jim are two very genuine hosts who cared about making sure my friend and I had everything we needed. We stayed on the third floor, with a shared bathroom (which offered no surprises or problems). The room was a very nice size with plenty of room for our luggage and two best friends. Everything was just right. When visiting Boston in the future, Park Lane is where me and my family will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bcsmumama
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Yet another visit to the Park Lane Bed & Breakfast in Newton, Mass. As always a very nice and friendly place. Wery quiet with a friendly atmosphere and a fantastic breakfast. Always helpful and assisting landlords. I Will come back back if have to visit Newton Alain.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

By now I have stayed at Park Lane over multiple years and visits, as my family lives nearby. Patti and Jim are exceptionally accommodating, always warm and gracious, and go out of their way to be helpful. Particularly touching to me was when my mother passed away and Patti helped me contact a restaurant on very short notice to set up a post-funeral meal. She got all the details for me and printed them out, the meal options as well as the weekend contact info for the point person at the restaurant. I consider this really going above and beyond the call of duty. They even came to the funeral! I was very touched. That's just the personal side of things. The rooms are comforting and comfortable, impeccably clean, sunny and warm. And the homemade bread at breakfast can't be beat. They have now expanded their breakfast options to include hardboiled eggs and a variety of cheeses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family