“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The moment i arrived at Park Lane B & B earlier on this year I felt at home. The hosts are memorable in their kindness and caring for every detail. The house is charming and spotlessly clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were cheery and a highlight of the day starting with the aroma of delicious home baked bread each morning served with a generous healthy breakfast and loads of good conversations. I would not hesitate to recommend Patti and Jimmy's haven to friends. If I return to Boston I will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at Park Lane B&B for a week during a meditation retreat held at Newton. The accommodation was comfortable and charming; the owners, just wonderful. Every morning started with sumptuous breakfast with lively conversation with other guests, while the owners attended to our needs and joined our conversation. That was the most memorable part of my experience. The inn is located in a quiet wooded area, and yet, only 10 minutes walk to downtown Newton. I would recommend to anyone looking for comfort, friendliness and warmth. Oh, and great breakfast. Nobie

Room Tip: I had a room in the attic. The slanted ceiling was a bit uncomfortable because I had to bend down at...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nobumori_Yagi
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was looking for a place to stay for a reunion and contacted the Park Lane Bed & Breakfast. Unfortunately they did not have a room. However Patti, the proprietor, went out of her way to help me find a good place to stay in the area. I was amazed at her volunteering to help. I am giving them five stars based on this. The next time I visit I hope to find a room with them so I can experience the hospitality in person!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at Park Lane B&B for about a week while on business in Boston. I found Pattie and Jim, the innkeepers, very helpful, friendly and kind. The breakfasts were excellent and plentiful and the b&b well located close to shops and transport into Boston.

The bedroom was warm and comfortable. wifi was available and free and good conversation could be had with Pattie, Jim or the fellow guests. All in all, I'd recommend the B&B to anyone and hope to stay there again when I next find myself in the Boston area.

Nick N

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Like being home with family. Great guests and interesting conversation at dinner and breakfast. Many guests seem to come back every time they are in town. Would recommend they are a lovely couple to stay with. Neda

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank neda k
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This sweet Bed and Breakfast could not have been more charming and comfortable. Located 10 minutes within walking distance to lovely Newton Center and its Metro Station, we found it easy to enjoy both local amenities and convenient travel to Boston. What makes this B and B stand out are the innkeepers, who were friendly and accessible, and impeccably attentive to our needs. Breakfasts were memorable, with fresh, wholesome, abundant amounts of coffee and tea, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc, and in addition, a separate refrigerator available for guests' particular dietary requirements.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I can't even begin to rate this place because I never got past reservations. Maybe I got the owner on a bad day, but my interactions with Jim on the phone was neither warm nor hospital. I was looking for a room as I'm coming in for the Runners World's Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon weekend. When I told Jim about it, he didn't know about it but said they have rooms available. He then said he had to call me back because he's heading to the movies. When he called back, he said they wouldn't be able to give me the reservation now unless I'm willing to make it a 3-night stay. This is not even the worst part as I understand that many hotels have a minimum stay requirement, although this requirement only seem to came about after I told him about Runners World's upcoming event. This was the kicker. He said that I could always make the reservation and not stay the 3rd night. After all, it's only a little over $100 a night. Seriously?! I work hard for my money in the military. I don't just have a $100 to drop just because. If I do, it'll be for charity and not going to be to a business that thinks customers can and should just drop a $100 because they are Park Lane. His whole attitude was Park Lane is so good that I should be willing to drop the $ to get in. Even if I end up having to drop more $, I'd not pay the $ to stay at Park lane.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fansu K
parklanebandb, proprietor at Park Lane Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

In the over twenty years we have been running our b&b we have always felt the essence of our business is to assist people in booking a room either with us or to help them find the best possible alternative. We listen carefully to the needs of each caller with this goal in mind. We are truly saddened that someone felt insulted, deceived or mistreated in any way. Jim, not at home at the time, answered the call through our remote phone service. He was not equipped with our calendars or paperwork and so, initially was at a loss to know that the Runners World Week-End was in fact an event for which there was a required three night minimum. He WAS, however, well aware of the seasonal cost of hotels in the area(ranging from $190 to $270 per night + tax and possibly parking). With this in mind, he was merely suggesting what might be considered. Cost being factored in, he simply felt a two night stay for the cost of three at the Park Lane might have been a good alternative and was only trying to help a potential guest in their quest for accommodations. We truly and sincerely regret any ill will his suggestion created and hope that Fanzu found a place that adequately met her needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in Waltham
Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast

Been to Park Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!