“Quite good...”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
“Quite good...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I didn't know what to expect when I went inside. I had a cup of chili plus the fish and chips. Both items were very good. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. Server was attentive without being overboard. It was a nice quiet Wednesday lunch break. Place was not empty, nor was it crowded (just the way I like it). TV's on with ESPN, and a nice chat with the bartender. I will be back again in the near future.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Scott L
Irene T, Manager at Mick Morgan's, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us. Good food and quality service is our goal. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Boston
“Meh!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Everything in there is average: food, service, atmosphere.

The service is fast though if you need a quick bite.

2 Thank Arnaud L
Boston, Massachusetts
“not the best”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The menu is very limited and unhealthy.would only recommend it for drinks.

Please consider adding some more fresh items and versatility to your daily selections!

Visited September 2013
Irene T, Manager at Mick Morgan's, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Irem, I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It is our goal to provide quality food and good service so that you feel comfortable recommending us to your family and friends. We are currently going through some changes with our menu and I do apologize that our current selection did not meet your standards. Please stand by us as we go though these changes as we look forward to serving you again in the further.
Boston, MA
“Adequate Irish pub”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I met some friends here in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday. The decor was a bit over the top Irish, as if to appeal to the non-Irish crowd, or someone that needed to be bombarded with Irish pup trappings. In other words, it looked like it belonged in an airport terminal or mall. I didn't get the sense of it being an authentic neighborhood pub, but my visit was hardly a fair examination of that. Our waitress was a bit surly and inattentive, dragging out a joke about something that I said far longer than desired. I ordered a veggie wrap, not a complicated dish, but one that needs a bit more effort and imagination than throwing whatever raw vegetables were sitting in the salad fixings bins onto a wrap. Giant chunks of raw broccoli stalk should never be served in a salad or wrap. it was hard to eat and I actually didn't finish it. My friends finished their meals without comment.

Irene T, Manager at Mick Morgan's, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't completely happy with your experience with us. Please contact me at irene@mgrestaurantmanagement.com so that we can further discuss your experience.
wappingers falls, ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out with the family”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

There were four of us on a rainy Saturday night. Set up as an 'Irish Tavern", it was nicely appointed. Plates were large, almost too large. I would rather have smaller portions, and a drop in price, although the prices were not out of sight. Two of us had fish and chips, which seemed a little dark from the oil but they said was very tasty and fresh. Another guest had beef stew which was a large bread bowl filled over the brim with stew. The 18 year old had trouble finishing it. I had a spinach salad and the broiled scallops. The salad was huge and could have been a meal with an addition of an appetizer. The scallops were perfect(a difficult accomplishment), seasonal begs and mashed potatoes. A lot of food but all done well.
Service was spotty and the place was noisy. But I would go back again.

Irene T, Manager at Mick Morgan's, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I'm glad that you and your family had an enjoyable experience. We hope to serve your again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.