“Dinner is amazing!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Delicioius, delicious, delicious. GREAT place for dinner. Romantic, peaceful atmosphere, great staff, amazing choices, delicious wines....what a find in Auburndale. The restaurant does a dis-service to themselves by not publicizing their dinner menu online, but trust me, you will be extremely happy to discover this place. I'm going back asap... The Globe review really does describe this place perfectly. Delicious food, amazingly reasonable prices. You will love this place.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place was recommended by the receptionist at my hotel. I missed it at first but when I stopped at a local wine shop they recommended it as well and helped me find it. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean but nothing fancy! We order the half and half - half of a sandwich with a half salad or soup. ($8.95) The portion was huge and the portobello panini was excellent. A small glass of wine was pricey - $7.00 but good.
I will definitely return the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Because we couldn't bear hospital food, we ventured out and happily discovered Bocca Bella where great care is lavished on customers and food preparation. Food is excellent quality and imaginatively prepared; served by kind and caring wait staff. The chef-owner was on site and obviously proud of his culinary achievements. Although the food is fine enough for a special occasion meal and wine is available, ambiance is more casual (think glorified luncheonette). The chef cares enough to cure his own pickles and pastrami and had made a very tasty fish chowder as well as a fine bread pudding on the day we visited. One of our party indicated her burger was the best she's ever had. Although we do not expect to return to the hospital (we were there for the happy arrival of a new grandchild), we would gladly go back for another meal when we return to Boston for a visit.

1  Thank RedHeifer22
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Small and personable, Bocca Bella Cafe & Bistro is a local gem. Mario Bocca Bella and his family consistently serve fresh, delicious and reasonable dishes, all while making you feel comfortable and welcome. This is not "fast food", rather fresh made to order dishes, so on very busy evenings, it may take a bit for your meal. Best to get one of the excellent antipastos as an appetizer and enjoy an evening of great food and great people.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Even though it was only a 1/2-mile walk from the Marriott Newton through a quaint neighborhood, it was clear this was the place that locals love to frequent in the evening. Even though I did not have a reservation on a Friday night, the bartender/maitre d' offered me the first table available, and the wait staff was very attentive even the place was packed. Seating no more than 30 people, I'd recommend calling for reservations; not everyone was as lucky as me. Best caprese salad ever (and I've had a lot!) on a bed of greens, antipasto on the side and a heavenly glaze. Eggplant is their specialty, and the parmesan was outstanding and ample. Tiramisu was fresh and delicious, not too heavy. All in all, if you can handle the cramped quarters, it was a delightful environment. Be ready to get friendly with the locals; they are wonderful.