“Welcoming and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Alderwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Welcoming and comfortable”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had to travel to the area to undergo a minor procedure with a nearby surgeon. Unfortunately my wife couldn't come with me and I wasn't relishing the idea of spending two nights alone in a hotel room. I'm so glad that I found the Alderwood Bed and Breakfast. Myra and Richard were wonderful hosts! We enjoyed conversations the evening before my procedure and at breakfast that morning helping to allay my anxiety. After the procedure it was so nice to comfortably relax on the couch in their living room. They were concerned for me and were kind enough to check on me and make sure that I was OK the morning before my appointment, that evening and the following morning. It felt like I was staying with friends. I can't recommend this B&B enough.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Branford
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed for 3 wonderful nights. The room was very spacious,pretty, clean and airy in a beautiful house with many trees around.
Mr. & Mrs. Abelson were the nicest owners of B&B that we met during our 40 years of travel.
They joined us for an excellent breakfasts, and treated us, an old foreign tourists like good old friends ( I wish we were).They also helped us to go around.

Go there and enjoy your stay

Room Tip: Try to call the owners of a B&B before deciding, and ask about every amenities they promise, bet...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mendocino CA
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Alderwood offers two very comfy, well-appointed rooms in an upscale house on a tranquil cul-de-sac. Be prepared for deliciously-varied breakfasts and knowledgeable, welcoming hosts, Myra and Richard. For thirty-odd years, this widely-traveled, professional couple has perfected the art of making visitors feel truly at home. An accomplished painter (and cook!), Myra's artwork adorns the airy, modern, tree-lined home equally accessible to Boston and key environs. Spirited exchanges on a host of subjects infused our four-day stay, providing a memorable visit we will long recall with wide smiles.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Glendale, California
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay a great deal.

I stayed in the smaller room, which was very nice and remarkably inexpensive. It was the perfect size for me. I had the run of the house which is very pretty and peaceful.

I was visiting my daughter at Boston College and I could get there incredibly easily by taking the BC shuttle virtually across the street at the Newton campus. If you're going to downtown you can get there pretty fast on the Turnpike but its not centrally located. There is a bus but no T stop nearby.

Myra and Richard are great hosts. They are world travelers and interesting people and fun to talk to. They took care of everything I needed. I felt like an old friend visiting from out of town, which is my ideal in a B&B.
looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Alderwood B&B in April 2011, while on a college-visiting trip to WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute). The public transportation connections from the Boston airport to the town of Newton were easy to figure out online, and our host Richard drove us between the train station and the bed and breakfast. Newton was a good staging location between Boston and Worcester. Our hosts mentioned that many people stay at Alderwood while visiting Boston College, which is very close by.

Alderwood B&B is a lovely private home in a quiet tree-lined neighborhood. We rented both of the available bedrooms, which share a separate bathroom. Very comfortable, very clean. Not sleek and chilly, not full of chintz and knick-knacks. Lovely, attractive, and restful.

Myra and Richard are gracious and interesting hosts. Myra’s breakfasts are fresh and appealing, and her excellent paintings contribute to the restful, at-home feeling you get there.

Very nice people, and a highly-recommended B&B.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Corvallis_OregonMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 83 in Boston

Been to Alderwood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!