“Thai Basil Fried Rice is the way to go.”
Review of Coconut Cafe

Coconut Cafe
Ranked #114 of 258 Restaurants in Newton
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Thai
Abingdon, Maryland
“Thai Basil Fried Rice is the way to go.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Coconut Cafe is a little restaurant used primarily for take out. They have outdoor seats and indoor seating but it is very small. The restroom is thru the kitchen and down in the basement. The food there is excellent. Authentic Thai food. My favorite is the Basil fried rice. You can ask them to make the food less spicy, but try it. It's fantastic. We have ordered many things already off their menu. My family and I travel from out of state and always stop by Newton Center to pick up food to eat from this wonderful little restaurant. The price is ok, not super inexpensive or over the top. We have had their Pad Thai noodles and most of their rice dishes. Made fresh and delicious every time. I recommend avoiding rush hour time, but it's ok. Pretty crazy traffic.

• Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, high quality Thai food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Coconut Cafe is a great little spot! Mostly get take-out there, but they do have some tables, which are always in use. Their menu is tasty and consistent.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Affordable, Delicious Thai”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nested at the edge of Newton Center is Coconut Cafe, a small but mighty Thai restaurant which serves up some delicious and affordable Thai fare. The place doesn't seat too many people, probably about fifteen but they do seem to be doing a lot of takeout business. We went there over the weekend to get some lunch and were not disappointed.

Appetizers will run you between $5.25 and $7.75 and range from edamame to spring rolls and even coconut pancakes which I had never seen before but sound awesome. We stuck with some veggie rolls ($5.75) and they were great. Crisp, fresh and the sauce worked very well.

Then came the entrees, including the Pineapple and Peppers Stir-fry I ordered and my wife's Panang Curry. While I can't recall the price on those, they were both affordable and the portion was just right. Actually now that I think about it, the lunch menu is cheaper than the dinner one there and we ended up eating for about $26 which was great value, especially considering the quality.

The place was clean, the staff friendly and the whole ordeal took about 40 minutes. I'm delighted to see this place do well and look forward to returning in the future, whether it be at this location or their Wellesley one.

• Visited May 2014
Newton(Boston), MA
“Reliable thai”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Can always count on this place for very flavorful dishes with abundant fresh vegetables. Not much for eat-in, a few tables, but great takeout.

Visited January 2014
Weston, Massachusetts
“Great little Thai Place in Newton Center”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you are looking for a quick eat Thai food, not fancy at all, but fast and good and reasonably priced in Newton Center, this is it. My guess is they do a good take out business too. I had the fried dumplings that I enjoyed. I normally get steamed but thought I would just try the fried and I did enjoy them, despite they were fried. I than had the shrimp pad thai that was awesome. Overall, good cheap fast eats if you do not mind the very small no of tables and the basic decor.

• Visited December 2013