“A reminder of home”

Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Needham, Massachusetts
“A reminder of home”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm from Taiwan, and my classmates who ever get to try my mom's dish know she is a great cook. That day I ordered 3 cup chicken lunch special, it truly reminded me of my mom's 3 cup chicken! Undoubtly it's not easy to find authentic Taiwanese food around here, therefore I strongly urge anybody who is considering whether to give a try or not to go there. I don't know anybody who works there by the way, not an advertisement. Why 4 stars? Because I only tried a few items so far, been there twice, and I cannot guarantee each item is as good. The spicy fish fillet special, which my husband ordered, was very good in terms of sauce, but fish fillet..... we know it's for Americans. A little complaint is, my food was about 10 mins late than my husband's, and he had to force himself not to eat fast because he knows it surely takes me more time to finish my food. I guess I was influenced by Hell's Kitchen, expecting to have food on the table in sync. But I know they are not slacking, for where I was seated, I could hear a woman staff urging my 3 cup chicken. :D

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Janet W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
“Delicious, simply delicious.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

A favorite among my coworkers, this restaurant never displeases. The food is quick and well-seasoned. The three cup chicken is especially delightful and is a lunch special. For non-Chinese speakers, you should ask the chefs for recommendations, as the menu often does not fully capture what's best. Overall, solid restaurant.

2 Thank Turtlewave
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here for dinner on a Sunday that happened to be Mothers Day. The restaurant was hopping with families but we didn't have to wait for a table.

The staff were super friendly and helpful.

The food is the best Chinese food I've had in Boston. Seriously. I loved it and can't wait to go back. We had juicy steamed buns, daikon cakes, beef with green beans (such tender meat), and a fresh veggies with tofu dish. The sauces they have us for the steamed buns and the daikon cakes were fresh and tasty. The hot tea was fragrant and delicious and I finished off a bubble milk tea way too fast. Great dinner.

1 Thank 81FrequentT81
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hands down. The best and most authentic Taiwanese food in the Boston area. Friendly staff. The only thing I don't like is they packed our leftover in one small box

• Visited April 2014
dobie2
“Great quality and taste”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's not easy to find truly authentic Taiwanese flavors these days. This is one of the few places where I can reliably get tasty Taiwanese dishes at a reasonable cost every time. Many of the menu items off the "Taiwanese" list are delicious -- including the pork belly buns, stinky tofu, oyster pancake, and chive and egg dumplings. Under desserts, the purple sticky rice treasures is absolutely delicious. Spicy chicken wings are great too. I don't care for their more Americanized dishes so I can't comment on those. Wish the prices were just a tad lower but for Newton you can't complain. The staff are always courteous and friendly. Brought my loud two-year old and it was completely fine. Oh, they forgot the pickled cabbage with the stinky tofu last time, so be sure to ask for it if it's not there. It goes so well together. The red bean milkshake was really yummy too.

• Visited April 2014