Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$177
US$161
HotelIndigo.com
The Walker Center(Newton)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$216
AC Hotels
US$216
US$195
All reviewsexpress buslight sleeperbus stophigher floorboston newtonconvenient locationthe room was nicenew englandoff the highwaylanemaxfenway
Reviewed 13 March 2014

During the last several months I have stayed at this hotel a lot, maybe 20 times. Becasue of work I usually stay on Monday nights but it often gets extended to Tueaday night as well. A handful of times I needed to also stay at end of week >>> Thursday.

The hotel rooms, hallways and restrooms are always clean: the rooms are more than enough for me.

The construction in the winter (January and February was awful. How the front offie staff delt with this "major" disruption in the front lobby was a tribute to their flexability and consistent desire to make both regular and new guests to be not just satisfied but as happy as possible.

All of the front desk staff are outstanding, extemely outsatnding but especially the regulars that I see so often see >>> Rosy, Fran, Damairs and Pretty. They make a tough job look easy. be locations of local restaurants or stores for buying forgetten item they are "top notch."

My assignments will continue into next several weeks and I hope to re-visit the CP because of the locaion but also because of the front office staff.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in upper levels for more quiet possibilities
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank C
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Frank - it's a joy reading your comments in regards to the front desk staff. Our co-workers strive daily to provide both magnificent service and product, and we are delighted that you have been experiencing just that. Your loyalty and kind words are much appreciated.

A brand new lobby, 2 brand new restaurants, newly renovated guest rooms... we did it! (: Thank you for your patience, support and loyalty through out this time...

We look forward to welcoming you back... each and every Monday...

The front desk staff!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Newton hotel on business as an alternative to staying in Boston. My stay was enjoyable on many levels:

The Room: Nice, clean, and renovated. The bathroom was well decorated, the bed clean and fresh, the TV nice and new.
The location: I liked the view over the Mass Turnpike and didnt mind the whooshing of the cars below. I liked that when I had to catch an early flight, I was 15 min away from the airport
The service: Although I only had a few interactions with the staff, they were helpful and seemed to want to help. When I checked in, I was offered a different room as mine was only on the 6th floor (without asking)
The bar: Nice and helpful bar-tending staff. Good drinks and a good time!
Bonus: Free Wi-Fi is a great feature of IHG. Big plus for me

All in all this is a well rounded hotel that runs a very pleasant polished operation!

Room Tip: Go high if you are a light sleeper to avoid the road noise below. Its very slight though
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SholomBrody

Dear Sholom - thank you so much for your detailed review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back in the near future, whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am a frequent guest at the hotel and have always enjoyed my stays. The service is great! I really would like to express my sincere gratitude to Rosy, who has extended her caring and warmth to myself and my family beyond the call of duty. Last weekend during my stay at the hotel, my 13-year-old son was ill with fever. Rosy brought soup and congee, and personally delivered a nutritious supper to our room. I am deeply moved by her warmth and affection. This is a great hotel, but it's staff like Rosy and her attentiveness that make this hotel my home away from home. Thank you, Rosy!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kevin- thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing your kind words. We are honored to read the room tip - "you can't go wrong with this hotel." We always enjoy hearing from our guests when they have experienced the service that we strive for. We hope that your son is feeling better, and we cannot be happier that Rosy was able to extend a warm family welcome to you and your family. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A great hotel at a great price. The service is excellent and always consistent. Iqbal always accommodates my requests and does so with a smile. The people really make the difference and this hotel has some excellent staff.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Alindquist - thank you for sharing your experience with us. You are absolutely right - the people really do make a difference. Thank you for your kind comments. It is our honor to have you as our loyal guest. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am a frequent traveler & stay out on the road over 100 nights a year. This hotel literally sits on top of the Mass Pike and has a little more street noise than some of the other choices in town, but in spite of that I return here for a number of reasons. The rooms are very clean, the recent remodeling looks terrific (now there are 2 restaurants here to pick from) and it is very convenient. The entire staff is very welcoming, and Iqbal especially has demonstrated the utmost in professionalism & courtesy and ensures that my check in & accommodations are always a first rate experience. She is a great asset to the team here.

Room Tip: Go with the higher floors if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DealerServices

Dear DealerServices - we thank you for your review, and most importantly for your loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Newton. Thank you for recognizing Iqbal - she takes pride in her work and most of all on accommodating and ensuring the first rate experience. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to continuing to welcome you - for pleasure or for business!