“Great Service!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
None, Italy
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is convenient, the staff are friendly and willing to help! Thanks Harpreet for accommodating my last minute change in travel plans, it made all the difference! Rooms are comfortable, great for business travel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Sherri K - Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and thank you for recognizing Harpreet. She was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is actually built over the highway. This means at times you would hear the traffic. It did not bother me.

I would FaceTime my kids and they got a kick about seeing the cars go under us.

The staff was very helpful and would consider staying again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear PaulDanis - thank you for sharing your experience. Our hotel is very unique - and, the majority of our guests fall in love with the beautiful view's of Newton - as well as the Boston skyline. Not to mention the cars under us... no where else in the world! We look forward to welcoming you back...
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed here several times because its more reasonable than most of the hotels in the Boston Cambridge area. You have to pay for parking but you can hop on and off the freeway really quickly. The hotel itself is clean and decent, and there is a nice thai restaurant around the corner and a Dunkin Donuts across the street.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Moley58,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend, while it's just outside of Boston, it was still close enough to everything.

Good:
-Clean and modern rooms
-Pleasant and polite staff
-Purchased through a Priceline bid
-Near the commuter bus stop on Washington St. into Boston

Bad:
-$28 daily parking rate
-Ask for rooms away from the highway (the noise carries)
-Hotels in Boston appear to be pricey all around

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are not above the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jazzedup1 - thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and modern, and our co-workers to be pleasant and polite. We are always happy to accommodate any requests for our quiet side - and, we do provide packages which include parking. Hopefully we will have the honor to welcome you back. Thank you for staying with us.
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We are IHG members and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Brookline when we are down for appointments and surgeries for my daughter at Children's hospital but it was booked due to post marathon so IHG offered us the Crowne Plaza at the Children Hospital rate. We didn't feel the love at the front desk like others did. When we checked in the gal at the front told us our parking was going to be 10 dollars higher then it was stated on our reservation until I showed her the discrepancy and with a huge sigh she said well we will honor it. They also wanted 15 dollars for night for a refrigerator until I asked even for IHG members? Yes, then I asked even if we are hospital rate customers? Then it was waived. We then were almost charged for a call from their tech department because we couldn't get wireless in our room.

The hotel rooms are very clean and beautifully done, the first IT guy was terrific - actually all 3 IT guys were great. The bathrooms while beautiful to look at don't have any place to put your toiletries and no where to hang your towels. The pool though small was wonderful for my daughter.
There is very few restaurants (outside the one in the hotel) that are an easy walk from the hotel and you really have to drive anywhere you want to go because there is no close public transportation.
The traffic is like white noise but we were up on the 10th floor so that might have been a good buffer.
I think this hotel is a great place for business travelers and functions but not great for medical visit travelers- it isn't convenient. The Holiday Inn Brookline , though an older building and a bit dated is a much better place for medical visitors- closer to hospitals, no nickel and dime-ing over refrigerators and more things (restaurants, CVS, Walgreens, Groceries and public transportation) within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VTMOM2002
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear VTMOM2002 - Thank you for being a Loyal Member of IHG. We appreciate your loyalty. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at: emuka@crowneplazanewton.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying with us... and, hopefully we will have the honor to welcome you back.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is always clean and the rooms ready. I don't look for much more than that when it comes to a hotel but I am always amazed at how wonderful the staff is. Iqbal always stands out with excellent service and true care. I haven't had any issues to resolve so I can't comment on service recovery but no issues is a plus.

Overall, a great experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Alindquist - we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us, as well as thank you for being a loyal guest of ours! Thank you for your support and loyalty! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for the Boston Marathon. When I found out what it was and read reviews about the noise, I FREAKED OUT! I begged Hotwire to let me cancel. They refused. I gave up and called the hotel. They assured me they could put me in a quiet room. I was pretty skeptical and made back-up plans with a friend in case the hotel room was to noisy. I didn't need to bother. The staff put me in a room away from the highway. I couldn't hear a thing (and I'm a light sleeper). One of the quietest hotel rooms I've ever had. All-in-all a very nice experience, easy access to public transit and very helpful staff. Don't Panic!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank mlopv
Dear mlopv - thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your honest feed back, and are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you. Thank you for staying with us... and, we hopefully will have the opportunity to welcome you back! #BostonStrong!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 83 in Boston
Crescent Suites Hotel
#6 of 11 in Waltham

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!