“Best Stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Patna, India
“Best Stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for 15 days during my recent travel. I enjoyed my stay very much. The experience was fantastic starting from booking of the Hotel to finally checking out. The front desk staff all of them, the house keeping everyone made me feel at home. Will surely stay at this hotel in my next visits.

2 Thank PramilaManoharan
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear PramilaManohraran - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to once again thank you for recognizing our co-workers at the desk, as well as housekeeping. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend, for his birthday. Erseila recognized it & sent us a beautiful amenity. The hotel is newly renovated, clean and not even 10min away from Boston. Thank you for the special weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hong J
Dear Hong - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay, and that we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for spending the weekend with us!
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Newton and enjoyed my stay very much. I plan on going back sometime next month. Loved the clean and beautiful guest rooms, and also the amazing front desk girls, who are very kind.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear John - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Special s.o to preeti,Hana,Muka, damaris and Diana and all the overnight crew you make me feel at home. I strong advise anybody that is close or looking for a relaxing getaway to book here u won't regret it

• Stayed June 2014
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Lyfighter508 - thank you for your kind words, and recognizing our co-workers! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us - and, we look forward to welcoming back. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your loyalty.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed in Crowne plaza newton few years ago, but since then I exclusively stay at Crowne plaza in Boston-Newton when I visit Boston. The hotel, the rooms, are impeccably clean, staff, the front desk and specifically the managers Erseila Muka and Sheila Hayden are most curious, accommodating and hard working staff I have ever met in my 45 years of world travel. The restaurants, and the servers specially Mohamed Fanidi are most engaging, energetic, first class service oriented staff anywhere. Yes I recommend this lively jewel of Boston to everyone visiting the area. The exercise area is very well equipped with a perfect indoor swimming poor with large windows, the rooms are well insulated and quiet for being over a busy expressway, the hotel is very accessible from all expressways.

Room Tip: All the rooms have spectacular un obstructed views with wide open windows
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lipodoc - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear about your experience. Thank you for recognizing our co-workers, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Warrenville
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel for a two day stay at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night. Our room wasn't ready. We had to wait 80 minutes before we got our room. This is clearly not business as usual, but it happened to us and it was fairly miserable.

As we were arriving, we saw a large number of airline people (pilots and flight attendants?) leaving the hotel. I'm guessing they have a special arrangement at the hotel which is why they were leaving in the evening. Anyway, they told us to sit in the lobby and our room would be ready in 20 minutes. Another guest was checking in and he had the same problem. But I checked at the desk several times over the next hour, and I saw several (about 8 parties) other guests arrive and be told the same thing (your room will be ready in 20 minutes). We were tired and not happy with the long wait. After about an hour, it seemed that they were dealing with people waiting at the desk, and not giving out rooms in the order the guests were coming. So I waited standing at the desk and got the room after about another 20 minutes. In return, we were given free breakfasts, which seems inadequate for what happened. I think I heard them tell another guest they would get 50% off, but I wasn't going to argue about this.

The hotel is over the Mass Pike, and the traffic noise did wake me up a couple of times each of the two evenings.

There were some positives; I left some pills on the table at breakfast and they tracked me down. They also got me a taxi very quickly when I asked, and the price was noticeably lower than the other options when we looked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharon G
Dear Sharon - I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us, as well as apologize for not meeting our nor your standards. You are absolutely right, this was unacceptable. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you - emuka@crowneplazanewton.com. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience... I look forward to hearing from you.

Travellers are raving about these Newton hotels

Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a hotel this place is OK, it's MEH, it's fine. An older 1970s concrete brutalist design hotel that has had a renovation (or two), it is a dark and not exactly appealing. The staff appeared somewhat harried and clueless when I arrived and they seemed to be having some computer meltdown. I was only there for a night so I wasn't going to any of this that bother me, until I discovered something about this hotel that makes this among the very worst hotels I have ever stayed at: it is located astride a very busy freeway (the Mass Pike) and all rooms are treated to the immense din and light that such a highway generates. If your room is below the 6th floor, it sounds like you're sleeping in a highway tunnel! I would have hoped for a soundproof room but I heard cars all night long. I asked to be moved only to be told "sorry the upper floors are booked". I cannot understand what sort of architect thinks: hey I think it would be a great idea: to place a hotel right on top of a freeway and ensure that no one could ever get a wink of sleep. I am not going to dignify this place with any further comments since the location is a total deal killer? Unless you're some sort of turnpike fancier, why on Earth would you ever consider staying here? Do yourself a favor and find alternate lodgings.

Room Tip: Pick a very high floor and even then prepare to hear loud traffic all night.
1 Thank S3CR3T3X3C
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear S3CR3T3X3C - I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you with a room on a higher and quiet side. We understand how important sleep is to our guests - and, we strive to ensure that all guest requests are met. On your next visit to Boston - please email me directly (emuka@crowneplazanewton.com) - and, I will personally assure that you are placed on a quiet and high floor. Once again, thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us, and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning - we appreciate the feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 83 in Boston
Crescent Suites Hotel
#6 of 11 in Waltham

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!