“Business Trip - Pretty good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel

Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Chennai (Madras), India
“Business Trip - Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was in Boston for 8 days to attend two conferences in the area. Very clean, neat, uninterrupted WiFi and all that you need for a business visit.

I read reviews about the noise levels since it was built over the interstate but I don't quite agree. The interstate actually makes for some nice views in the morning (everybody on a rat race to run to work) - perhaps if you choose this for a leisure visit, you might find it annoying!

There is a great breakfast & donuts place outside the hotel. A lot of good restaurants are a walk away too - There was one Thai restaurant nearby and of course my savior on most evenings - Subway. I didn't get an opportunity to eat at the hotel at all - the breakfast was not a part of my reservation.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear SuchitraR303 - thank you for sharing your kind words with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our views interesting. We as well, agree! Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

After traveling all day, I arrived tired at the Crowne Plaza Boston only to be told that there were no rooms available, despite having made a reservation weeks earlier. I was told by the front desk person that housekeeping could POSSIBLY have a room ready for me at 10pm. This was at 7pm and I was due to start a nine-hour day of back-to-back meetings starting at 7:30 am the next day. Needless to say I was distressed. After much back-and-forth, and the complete inability of the front desk person to reach a manager, I was told that housekeeping had made up a room. It was not the room I wanted but it was a bed. I was also told the room would be comped. When I checked my credit card statement after I got home, I had been charged for the room. I called the hotel and was put into a voice mail that instructed me to email them with my billing issue. The voice mail also assured me that I would receive a reply within 24 hours. I have now sent three emails, its been well over 24 hours and I have not heard a word.

THEN there is the fact that the cars on the Mass Pike literally sound as though they are driving directly through the middle of the room. The noise didn't subside until somewhere around 3am. I started the day off exhausted and a day of meetings has never seemed so long.

I don't think I'll be staying here next time I have meetings in the Newton area. And I have informed all of my co-workers of the situation as well, so they've lost future repeat business for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear GraceC_02130 - thank you for taking your time and sharing this experience with us. As we strive for excellence, it is very important to us that all our guests are happy - while staying with us. And, if we missed this opportunity, we would be honored if we were given the chance to speak with you - emuka@crowneplazanewton.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Travellers are raving about these Newton hotels

Lula, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked this hotel online based on what I thought was correct information. Turns out it wasn't. Not close at all to where I needed to be. Hotel is built OVER the interstate - yes, you read that correctly the interstate runs under the hotel. VERY NOISY! Even on the 9th floor. Rooms were OK - not what I would have expected from a Crowne Plaza. Staff was so-so. Only 1 person was a tad bit helpful our whole stay. We ask no less than 3 times for them to call us a cab for our departure day so we could get to the airport. I was still not sure if they had actually done it until he pulled up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AB_Lula
Dear AB_Lula - thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you on the quiet side of our hotel. Our hotel is partially located over the interstate, and partially facing the beautiful city of Newton. We are happy to accommodate all our guests - with quiet side requests. Once again, I am terribly sorry we were not able to. However, we would love for you to return - and have another opportunity to wow you! Please email me - emuka@crowneplazanewton.com. I look forward to hearing from you, as well as making your next stay a great stay!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The front desk was very polite and helpful through out my stay. I love staying at the crowne plaza it's is very convenient for anything I would like to do in the Boston area. The rooms are always extremely clean and well stocked with towels and other toiletries.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Kandis - thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you are a loyal guest of ours, and find our rooms to be extremely clean. We strive to be the best - and, we thank you for recognizing our co-workers! Kandis - we look forward to welcoming you back.
Markham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the first time my husband and I have visited Boston in over 10 years, and it's the first time we visited with our kids. Originally, we chose this hotel for the location as it was close to the events we were going to. However, we would recommend this hotel to anyone as the staff really goes above and beyond. Upon check-in, we were greeted by Jackie's friendly smile, and really felt at home. When we returned to the hotel later that day, we pleasantly surprised by a fruit tray, snacks for the kids and a handwritten note by Jackie. We really felt special and felt like the vacation started off on such a wonderful note. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Meijwc - thank you for sharing the kind words and touching experience with us! And, most importantly for recognizing our co-worker, Jackie! She goes above and beyond, and ensures that all of our guests are taken care of! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and had a great vacation! We look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you for staying with us!
Patna, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for 15 days during my recent travel. I enjoyed my stay very much. The experience was fantastic starting from booking of the Hotel to finally checking out. The front desk staff all of them, the house keeping everyone made me feel at home. Will surely stay at this hotel in my next visits.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PramilaManoharan
Dear PramilaManohraran - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to once again thank you for recognizing our co-workers at the desk, as well as housekeeping. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend, for his birthday. Erseila recognized it & sent us a beautiful amenity. The hotel is newly renovated, clean and not even 10min away from Boston. Thank you for the special weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hong J
Dear Hong - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay, and that we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for spending the weekend with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 83 in Boston

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!