Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
AC Hotels
US$200
US$189
US$231
All reviewsexpress buslight sleeperbus stophigher floorboston newtonconvenient locationthe room was nicenew englandoff the highwaylanemaxfenway
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Location. good access to Boston or Logan airport -- since you're on top of the turnpike, but not to the subway. It's in Newton, not Boston proper, but within 3 miles of the airport

Clean, very pleasant and helpful staff, rooms have plenty of space, good beds.
Heated magnified mirror in the bathroom is always a nice touch for shaving. Hairdryer, ironing board, nice shampoos, soap, fragrance, etc.

Food. The breakfast restaurant was directly off the lobby, but was actually quite pleasant and the breakfast buffet was fresh & excellent. There is a restaurant also, which we didn't visit.
There are some decent restaurants within walking distance - - a Bertolli's, Amarin (an upscale Thai place), etc. and a small breakfast place and a tiny Irish bar that serves food across the street, which we didn't visit due to ear-splitting World Cup observances going on, a Subway, etc.

Noise. The hotel literally straddles the Turnpike! We were on the 10th floor, and with the airconditioner running continuously, the traffic noise was ok, but if you turned it off, I think only city-dwellers would be able to sleep well.

Access. You exit the hotel onto a one-way street, cross the turnpike, and then have a half-dozen lanes to choose from, so don't worry if you have to practice a few times to get where you want, just drive around the hotel again and try for a different lane.

Room Tip: Well all the rooms have a great view of traffic on the turnpike, if that turns you on, but ask for a view of the Boston skyline
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear UpstateLoyalist - thank you for the detailed review and the feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our newly renovated lobby restaurant quiet pleasant... We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I reserved a block of rooms for my wedding and was very happy with my stay at the hotel. All of my guests were very satisfied as well! The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially one of the women at the front desk, Franny. The rooms had awesome views and were very clean. I loved the aromatherapy lotions and shampoos in the room. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear xmadiix - congratulations on your wedding! We are delighted to hear that we were part of such an important event in your life, and most importantly we are elated to hear that you were satisfied! Thank you for recognizing our co-worker, Franny, and thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I came to the city on Wednesday night, at around 10:15pm. I had a meeting in town and my family came along to do some sight seeing. We were greeted by a man as we pulled up the driveway who offered to help us with luggage. The front desk staff was amazing! They explained to us that the lobby restaurant would be closing soon and made the bartender aware that we would be coming down shortly to eat. They explained how the parking worked and we were on our way up to the room. The bellman accompanied us up to the room and on the way he mentioned he was also the concierge and asked if we had any questions about the city...we did! He told us of many of his favorite parts of the city and restaurants in the north side of the city. He also mentioned a hop on hop off tour. Very knowledgeable, an asset to your hotel!

The hotel was very comfortable and the kids loved the pool!

The front desk agents, bellman and room service attendant made the stay very enjoyable!

We came for the bed, and will come back for the exceptional service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear John- thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, our co-workers, and our facilities. Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room I had was lovely--spacious, clean, etc. The hotel itself is nice, and includes free wifi which is a great perk. That being said, I found the staff to be not particularly helpful, and the location is a real challenge. You're not close to the T, and the hotel had a hard time in certain cases getting a taxi, even within 10-15 minutes (which seems a very reasonable expectation for a hotel). You're also directly over the highway so even with good windows, there is some noise...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel P

Dear Rachel P - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on service, and I am terribly sorry to hear that you found our staff to not be particularly helpful. I would love to have the opportunity to follow up with you, and assure you that those are not our standards. I look forward to hearing from you - emuka@crowneplazanewton.com. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was in Boston for 8 days to attend two conferences in the area. Very clean, neat, uninterrupted WiFi and all that you need for a business visit.

I read reviews about the noise levels since it was built over the interstate but I don't quite agree. The interstate actually makes for some nice views in the morning (everybody on a rat race to run to work) - perhaps if you choose this for a leisure visit, you might find it annoying!

There is a great breakfast & donuts place outside the hotel. A lot of good restaurants are a walk away too - There was one Thai restaurant nearby and of course my savior on most evenings - Subway. I didn't get an opportunity to eat at the hotel at all - the breakfast was not a part of my reservation.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear SuchitraR303 - thank you for sharing your kind words with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our views interesting. We as well, agree! Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.