“Great Spot”

Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have stayed in this Hotel twice great spot!! right next to the Riverside T station which takes about 15-20 min to Fenway Park...No charge for Parking which normally is 50.00 in the city..nice modern rooms very friendly service...

Room Tip: Corner high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton.

We are glad you enjoy our hotel and the convenience of our location. Please come and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was here on business for several nights. The beds were very comfortable. Rooms very small and Desk chair does not fit under desk. Food in hotel fantastic but very expensive. Hotel room is VERY small but very comfortable. It was very convenient to go anywhere I had to go. Although I would rather have a hotel that had free breakfast and an indoor pool I would use this hotel again. Great location and the restaurant was PACKED every night - this means locals loved it. Front desk was great too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton.

We are glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our very popular Bokx 109 American Prime steakhouse.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My fiancé and I stayed for 2 nights. The place was so small I couldn't believe it. The bathroom was the smallest I had ever seen lol. I called a week in advance to have a surprise in the room it was the wrong thing and the girl bringing it up ruined it. Ice machines on the bottom floor???? We were on the 7th floor I've never seen that before either. The place was trying to be euro contemporary... Not practical at all lots of wasted space and overpriced I would not stay there again. The one goo thing was it was close to the T. I would not recommend it nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mhowell03
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Mhowell03:

I am very sorry that you experience at the hotel Indigo was less than satisfactory.

I will reach out to you personally to understand further what the issues were during your stay and make sure we make it right with you.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Indigo. What made it exceptional was that upon checkin, the gentleman at the front desk noticed that my family's room was going to be in the same hallway as a batchelorette party, and preemptively moved us to a quieter section. That not only helped our 5yo daughter sleep better, but let the ladies at the party have a much more fun party because we didn't have to ask them to keep it down.

Room Tip: As said, the front desk staff did it for us - very impressive.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Bicoid:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Indigo on Trip Advisor.

We believe that our people make the difference by providing Inspirational Service. I will share your comments with our front desk team.

Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was my second stay at Hotel Indigo. I love this small hotel located in the suburbs of Boston. Again I had a nice view from my room of the rolling hills of the golf course. This is a fairly self-contained hotel. The rooms are well appointed and staff was kind enough to bring me a mini refrigerator. I was looking for a quiet place to relax that had a lively bar and good restaurant for socializing in the evening and this is the place. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, all staff is friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are quiet. I do have 2 small issues with the bathroom. It's impossible to turn on the shower without being inside and of course cold water comes out first. It would be easier if it were designed so that one could reach in and turn the water on to get it tempered without going in. The lighting in the bathroom is also very poor. You can't see to apply makeup. There is actually no area in the room with proper lighting for putting on makeup. I would suggest that they install magnifying makeup mirrors on the bathroom walls. It would be a minimal investment. Although I didn't used the T station, it is conveniently located next door. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to take guests within a 5 mile radius which I'll take advantage of during my next stay. A plus at this hotel is free internet service. Although every one agrees it should be free in all hotels, it's rare. I spent my evenings at the hotel bar which is very popular with the local crowd. The drinks are a little expensive, but it's operated by BOKX 109 and I'll review that site specifically. Overall this is a great little hotel if you don't want to stay in the city.

Room Tip: 724 had a nice view of the golf course
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Gigi F:

Thank you for choosing the Indigo Hotel Newton for the second time. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the many benefits of our hotel and its location.

Your comments regarding bathroom lighting are shared by many of our guests. We are pursing the possibility of adding a make up mirror as you suggest.

Thank you again for choosing the Indigo. Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Hotel Indigo Boston Newton Riverside for a college reunion. I was disappointed in the service. First, when I called to let them know I would be checking in late, I was told that my reservation was for the previous night and I was charged the cancellation fee, and then my reservation was cancelled altogether. I ended up having to rebook the room at close to midnight, when I was exhausted and didn't have the energy to argue the extra charge, and when I followed up, I was given the run around and they never ended up refunding the extra night/cancellation fee. Other than that, I was disappointed in how noisy it was- I'm a light sleeper and always request a quiet room. I was placed on a high level floor but it was still fairly noisy unfortunately. On the plus side, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. Altogether an average stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room- it might work.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with your fellow Trip Advisor travelers.

I will investigate your concern regarding the charge for an extra night. The hotel does has a 24 hour cancellation policy. This would me that making arrival date changes on the day of arrival would result in that original arrival night as a charge.

I will reach out to you personally to discuss.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here for a week with my two teenage daughters whilst we were over visiting friends. Being next to the T was great for them as they didn't have to rely on me driving them around. Hotel is modern, well maintained, quiet and has pretty much everything you need. I wouldn't really describe it as boutique. The restaurant and bar is very nice but food is expensive and higher end so no really for family dining although they do fairly reasonably priced pizza. The cafe is great for picking up breakfast, good coffees available and teh gym was very useful and very quiet. The covered parking with direct access into the hotel was great during the snow. Any little problems we had like the remote not working or K Cups not replenished were addressed very quickly. For staying longer it might have been nice to have a fridge in the room. The air-con unit in the room was very noisy when it came on so I made sure to turn it down when I went to bed so it wouldn't keep going on and off. There is nothing near this hotel to walk to except the T but it is well located for highways.

Room Tip: higher rooms probably best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MWSurrey

Dear MWSurrey:

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled that you had the perfect Stay!

Come and see us again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in Waltham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!